Summer Meal straight from the grill!


Now that I have my outdoor living space completed, it is time to fire up the grill. Now, you may be asking - what can she cook on the grill? She doesn't eat meat! Well, with a little thought, I will be utilizing my grill all summer for numerous meals. The first one? Grilled portobello mushroom burgers, grilled asparagus and for dessert, a fruit salad! All of my items were purchased at Walmart and I have to tell you my family truly enjoyed the meal! 




First I started by firing up the grill, I used self-light charcoal which was a breeze and while waiting for the grill to heat up I prepared the mushrooms. After cleaning both the asparagus and mushrooms, I placed them on a tray and gently drizzled with extra virgin olive oil. 






I scored the mushrooms and added chopped garlic and rosemary to the mushrooms. After this simple preparation, I went back out and placed everything on the grill. Meanwhile, my mom prepared the fruit salad. 




This ended up being the main course for my son because he is such a picky eater - I'm just glad that we were able to get him to eat!






While the veggies cooked I cut up vine ripened tomatoes and placed them on Arnold sandwich rounds (100 calories) with low-fat mayonnaise. Once the veggies were done, I placed the mushroom burgers on my bun and ate the asparagus fresh off the grill with no additional seasoning. 






My mother loved it and clean-up was simple! I can't wait to utilize my grill for cooking throughout the summer! 


Disclosure: I am a Walmart mom and have been compensated for sharing my summer cooking ideas with you. 


Comments

Grilling is so relaxing. Plus, it's a really healthy way to eat during the summer. All the fat drips down into the flames as opposed to being sucked back up by your meat when you cook on the stove. Can't wait to get back on my grill either.

Popular Posts