Outdoor Living Space Overhaul

I must admit that I have not been taking advantage of my outdoor living space. I have a nice patio set that was provided by Walmart a few years ago but honestly it has just been sitting collecting pollen this entire spring. As summer is upon, I decided I really needed to utilize this space better and Walmart helped make this happen by providing me with a budget of $150.00 to redo the space.






I did some very simple sprucing up and I am more than happy with the results. I purchased some new pillows to bring life back to my slightly faded cushions. While browsing the outdoor living section I eyed a rug that perfectly matched the pillows so I purchased that too. I thought flowers would be a nice addition to the decor so I added a begonia to the mix to place on my coffee table.






One of the reasons that I haven't used my space is that during the spring especially the bugs take over. They send both my son and I running into house. So, I purchased a couple of tiki lamps that both add to the ambiance and have a utilitarian purpose, I filled them with anti-bug oil!




Finally, I decided to purchase a grill. My mother has been after me for years to get one so that we can dine al fresco without turning on the stove or oven in this Georgia heat. I choose a color to match the overall decor and I must say I am pleased with the outcome! And my final bill? $149.58 including taxes! And honestly, I really did not add up the prices while I shopped, I planned to purchase anything over $150.00 with my own money.






Of course, now that my space is complete, I had to try out my grill and eat outside. Check out my next post for details.....






Disclosure: I am a Walmart mom and was provided with a $150.00 giftcard and compensation to overhaul my outdoor living space. All opinions are 100% my own. 


Comments

The pillows and rug absolutely make the space.
lawnchair said…
it's great what a few little changes can do. anti bug oil? great

Popular Posts