The Wave - My Fresh Start week 3

Hmm, how much do I weigh? To be honest with you I have no idea. What I can say is that my pants are fitting a bit too tight for my liking and I am determined to remedy this situation. I’ve been keeping up with Zumba and it is AMAZING! I also added the Michael Jackson Experience for the Wii to my repertoire, please don’t let anyone tell you that dancing is not exercise because it truly is! Last Friday I had an MJ dance party and I was dancing so hard that my Mom was breathing heavy! Gotta love Thriller! 



I like to mix things up and dancing is providing me with the ability to be consistent with my exercise but I’m ready to bring the intensity up a notch. Last week, in addition to Zumba for the Wii I picked up The Firm’s Wave. I have been a fan of The Firm for a long time. They have been around forever and I used one of their step aerobic tapes to get in shape five years ago before my wedding. In 30 days I was tight, toned and lost a considerable amount of weight.



So, it I was naturally curious when I saw the Wave. What is it? Well, I think it can best be described as similar to a step but on a curved surface that can be used multiple ways. Just take a look at the picture. You can step on the wave but it can also be turned over and used to balance while exercising.
It is tough! All of the moves work the core but when doing the balancing moves you can truly feel it.

The Wave comes with a diet and fitness guide that gives you a workout schedule and a diet to follow. It also promises that you will see visible results in as few as 10 workouts. I’ve only tried it once so I can’t report on that but I can say that based on what I felt, I can believe it! In addition to the Wave, in the box you receive a mat to keep the Wave in place, and 3 DVDs. I like that each DVD has different instructors for variety and there are express workouts for when you are short on time or want to combine workouts. 


The DVDs also have individuals working out on different levels, the beginners use no weights and modify moves and the advanced folks go all out with weights and intensity. This is appealing because once I familiarize myself with all of the movements and am comfortable I know I can challenge myself by adding weights and intensity to my workouts.  Here I am trying to do some push-ups with the Wave, certainly challenging and it is obvious to me that not strength training for awhile has affected my muscles, because I struggled! 



Although I am unable to talk about the long term results from using The Wave, I can say that so far I am impressed and am happy to add it to my arsenal of fitness equipment!


Disclosure: I am a member of the Walmart Moms program. Walmart has provided me with compensation to share my journey to healthier living with you as part of the Fresh Start Challenge n and provided me with fitness products.  Participation is voluntary and as usual, all opinions are my own.

Comments

Tamona said…
Let me start by saying Thriller has to be the hardest video I have run into so far lol! I love love love the MJ Experience. The Wave looks interesting. I can't wait to hear more.
Nicci said…
I love The Firm dvd's, they have helped me to lose weight in the past. I'm excited to try there new dvd that recently hit the market. I've never tried the wave, but it looks like a good product.

Popular Posts