I'm on Diet and exercise Cruise Control



I'm going to keep this short and sweet. I am a slacker. For the past month or so I've been on cruise control with my diet and exercise.  I've been completely slacking! For some reason these things have just not been priorities in my life. When I got on the scale this morning things were pretty much the same way they looked last week - 156.8 but I know I could be doing much better. I think this cold has me held hostage and even though I have access to fitness workouts that I can do from the comfort of my home, the busy schedule of this time of year keeps me occupied. 


But I know these are just excuses. Last year I was on track. Lost weight and looked great. Ah, well, the trials and tribulations of living a healthy lifestyle. I think this just comes with the territory. The thing that I refuse to do is beat myself up about this. I am just going to keep saying to myself that I can do this and you know what? One of these days I actually will! 

How about you? Are you meeting your health and fitness goals? Come on, dish!

Comments

Yakini said…
I love your attitude. There are always gonna be ebbs and lulls, sometimes plateaus... but overall, you're still living a healthy lifestyle, so you should continue to be proud. Go girl! ;-)

My health and fitness goals for 2011 are to get back to my pre-pregnancy size, which is 135. Right now Im in the 10 lbs over that so.... I gotta figure out my plan to do this. Totally taking notes from you.

Happy Holidays! (((hugs)))
Anonymous said…
Cruise control is awesome, IMO. It means that you have reached a place where you are comfortable maintaining which is your ultimate goal.

Every once in a while, you have to take a mental break from the game so you don't get burned out. Nothing wrong with that!
keyalus said…
I think everyone gets into the cruise control mode sometimes. It is the nature of the beast. I had some downtime this July after hitting it hard for about 8 months.

I have been fully back on the horse now for a while (with a week or so of relaxing) since August. I have a contest deadline in mid-January. I'm trying to win money so I have an external motivation to not go crazy over the holidays. It is *still* so hard.

Popular Posts