Happy Thanksgiving!

This morning I ran the South Park Turkey Trot 5 mile race and my son ran his first tot trot! We started this day by giving thanks for the blessing of healthy bodies that can do extraordinary things and later this afternoon we will enjoy a Thanksgiving feast with family and friends.

I feel blessed to have the opportunity to travel to visit family and break bread and realize that not everyone is so blessed. That is why I was so excited to participate in the Walmart Feed the Hungry food drive!



I was sent a $50.00 gift card and challenged to purchase as much foes as possible for donation. Although I didn't have coupons in hand, I still made a pretty good showing. As a matter of fact, I went to checkout and had only spent $35.00 so I had to go back and shop some more!

I ended up purchasing 64 items for $51.52! I was so excited to place my items in the donation bin because I know families will really appreciate it. In my usual fashion I focused on as many healthy foods as possible tuna and salmon made my list as did veggie broth and pasta for homemade soup.

Although the Walmart food drive is over, I still think it is a great place to shop for items for donation. Walmart has a website that will help you locate volunteer opportunities in your local community. You can also go to Walmarts Fighting Hunger website and vote for the community that you believe deserves $1 million! The five runner up cities will receive $100,000 each! With just a vote you can make a tremendous impact on communities in dire need of support.

Once again, I encourage this holiday season to count your blessings and also bless others! Happy Thanksgiving!

Disclosure: I am a Walmart mom and I've been compensated for my time to create my video and write this post. As usual, all opinions are my own
.




Comments

Popular Posts