Team in Training - We can make a difference!


One of the most moving things about training for the Nike Women’s Half-Marathon with Team in Training is my teammates.  We all have our own personal motivation for running the race and fundraising, ultimately we are all doing it to make a difference. Although I have not experienced a race day yet I highly anticipate Nike because the entire race benefits the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. This means that there will be an extremely large number of people running with Team in Training. On that day San Francisco will be filled with a sea of purple (the official color for TNT and my favorite color). I know it is going to be amazing.

During my training I’ve seen some of the TNT shirts that members have personalized with the name of their honored hero and/or the person(s) they are running in memory of. I plan on having my shirt embroidered this way:

In honor of Ja’Naya
and
In memory of Aunt Helen
and cousin George

Just typing that brings a well of emotions for me and I know more than a few tears will be shed this coming October. Good tears - for the fight and stamina of Ja’Naya and the countless people that I’ve met that are fighting and winning the battle against cancer. 
 Ja'Naya

My TNT mentor is one of them and I’ll be running beside Carol. Our team honored hero Mitzi is another and she will be running too.
Me and Mitzi after my 6 mile run on Saturday, she made treats for us.


Cancer affects so many of us and I would like to run in honor or memory of your friend or loved one too! On race day I wear a ribbon with the name of your special someone that has been affected by cancer.  All you have to do is a minimum donation of $5 and I will make and wear a ribbon for you. Just click donate on the left and in the add comment section provide the name of the person you’d like me to wear.

I can’t tell you how excited I am about the race and the fundraising, I know together we can make a tremendous difference! Did you know that a $5 donation provides information about services and resources to newly diagnosed patients - including info about financial support services? I’d love to wear the name of your loved one during my half-marathon - donate today! And if you’ve already donated and want me to wear the name of someone please send me an email and let m know (cutiebootycakes(at)gmail)!


Comments

Popular Posts