Quick and Easy Taco Salad




For a very long time I ate poorly. Not because I don't know how to cook but because I failed to plan my meals and would be so hungry that I'd just run to the frig and do a quick grab and go. Whatever was on hand I'd stuff in my mouth without thinking. The idea of meal planning and cooking just went out the window, especially when most of the meals would only be eaten by me (living in a household with picky eaters is rough).

Now, I realize that meal planning does not have to be difficult and most of my recipes are ready in 30 minutes or less. Today I share my favorite taco salad recipe, it is not short on flavor and it can prepared in about 5 minutes. I love this salad and I hope that you do too. It is great for lunch or dinner, especially when you don't want to cook.


Taco Salad
2 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
1 oz of tortilla chips ( I swear by guiltless gourmet and actually only use 1/2 ounce about 9 chips)
4 tablespoons of salsa
1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons fat free sour cream
1 Morningstar Grillers Prime patty

Place romaine lettuce on plate. Heat griller according to package directions. Cut up into pieces. Crumble tortilla chips on top of lettuce. Top with griller, add sour cream and salsa, sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Serve.

Makes 1 serving.




Comments

Gem said…
I love Taco Salad, and that's a great idea to use Morningstar!
Miz said…
I still neeed to be a farfar better planner o'the mealage.

Definitely.
Miz said…
I still neeed to be a farfar better planner o'the mealage.

Definitely.
Jennifer said…
I do this with fat free refried beans, black beans, and pico de gallo and salsa. Meal planning is key. That is where I fall short.
Jennifer said…
Oh. I don't use sour cream and only use light cheese. Lactose intolerant.
who could not LOVE that!
DVArtist said…
Great salad thanks for sharing. You look fantastic!!!
Nicole/Beadwright
Unknown said…
ooh..I love taco salad..thanks for the recipe! I'm always looking for ways to eat the foods I love but with less fat.
Anonymous said…
Sounds good. I think I might have to try that. I've never thought of using the patties. The morning star crumbles might be good with that salad too.
Allison M. said…
it's all about meal planning!

Popular Posts