Operation Weight Loss The Incredible Shrinking Woman - Week 15






I can't believe this is week 15 in my journey! I have come a long way. This week I am down another 1.4 pounds bringing my grand total to 34.4 pounds lost and next week it will be 35 pounds! I am elated, can you tell? Please excuse my overuse of exclamation marks.
Week 15

I am now preparing all of my own meals and staying on task by tracking all of my meals and exercise on Sparkpeople.com. I love that site - free meal plans, exercise plans, what more can you ask for? Anyhow, try it out if you are looking for guidance and support too! I also am using a food scale to make sure my portion sizes are correct. I was sent the Eat Smart Precision Pro Kitchen Scale to try out and I am so happy because this thing is a life saver.



I no longer have to guess about the weight of a piece of fish or shrimp that I am eating/cooking. This scale was ready to go right out of the box and is simple to use - you just choose your standard of measure and place the food on it. It works up to 11 pounds for all of you pastry chefs out there! It is really inexpensive -at $25 you can purchase one on Amazon and get free shipping too. Really useful.

Another thing I did this week was purchase a pair of Joe Jeans. Not something I would do normally but this was a birthday gift and I figure a great pair of jeans was in order considering all of my hard work. The thing about the jeans is that they are GOAL jeans. I can't wear them outside yet, I have a serious muffin top when I put them on but another 10 pounds or so I should be golden. Having this pair of jeans is a great incentive to me, I think about them when I am exercising and the going gets tough! And who knows, I may not have to lose 10 pounds to fit them!

So my tips this week are - make a goal for yourself (other than weight) and when you achieve it reward yourself. We don't do this enough and little things make a big difference. My next tip is to get a kitchen scale and take the guesswork out of portion sizes. Finally, get moving - if you aren't exercising I hope I can encourage you to try even 15 minutes a day makes a difference!

Until next week, The Incredible Shrinking Woman signing off.........


Disclosure: I received the Kitchen scale for review but no other form of compensation was received and all of the opinions are my own.


Comments

Social Anniemal said…
You look awesome - congratulations! You've inspired me to get back on Sparkpeople and work at it!
Anonymous said…
Too good - Too good - Too good.
Welcome to the world of fitness.
Karla Trotman said…
congrats on your success! i too am on a journey. its rough, but i am learning to make it a part of my life. michelle obama inspired me when she said, 'i will not let my hair dictate my health'.
DarryleP said…
Wow--you look fabulous--congratulations!
*Lissa* said…
You are looking might fine, girl!! Way to go!

I love my EatSmart kitchen scale, too!
Yeah for you!!!! You look beautiful as always :).

xoxoxo
Liz Mays said…
You really are so inspiring! I'm so happy for you and all of your success!
Alright now young lady looking looking like a MILF!! Hey we're all grown-ups right? I am going to check out the Sparkpeople website. Funny thing I saw it mentioned recently so now I know I have to see what it's all about! Keep your mojo going :)
funkidivagirl said…
I love Sparkpeople too...although tracking my calories it seems that I eat too little...not good either for metabolism. I have to find the "sweet spot." The food scale is a good idea.
Anonymous said…
I like Sparkpeople too. I need to invest in a food scale. That one looks pretty good.
Anonymous said…
You look awesome!!!
Yay!!!! Size 10. You look so healthy and vibrant!!! Congrats Renee.
Unknown said…
Girl, LOOK.AT.YOU!!! I looked at the pic from week 10 to today and I love what you have done to yourself in just those 5 weeks. Amazing!
Tamona said…
Renee, I just wanted to stop by and say 1. how great you look and how proud I am of your amazing strength and success with your weight loss. I am still a work in progress but putting forth the effort nonetheless. Regardless of what hair brained idea I have to lose weight, you never judged or criticized my efforts. You always regarded them as efforts nonetheless and for that I am truly appreciative. I just wanted to say thank you.
Anonymous said…
Amiable brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.
Unknown said…
Congratulations on your continued weight lost.
Unknown said…
Hello I have given you a Blog award please go to my blog and check it out!! Be Blessed!!!
Dori said…
Congratulations! Looking great as always! :)
yaay for you... you're an inspiration to all of us who's trying to lose weight.. i have thought about a food scale, but wasn't sure how beneficial it would be.. now i might consider it...
Amy@UWM said…
Renee, you look spectacular! Congratulations on all your success. Quite an accomplishment!

Popular Posts