World AIDS Day

Support World AIDS Day

Today is World AIDS Day. I am sure that most people are aware that HIV/AIDS is an international issue, however I think that many are unaware that it is still an issue here in the United States. Last year on World AIDS Day I did a video discussing HIV/AIDS - specifically here in the US. I wish that things were different but my video is still relevant today so I will post it again.



For more information about HIV/AIDS you can visit the CDC website, The Red Pump Project, The Kaiser Family Foundation and The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. I am happy to note that I am on the blogger advisory council for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation and it is my hope to have a world where no child is born with HIV.

You can join the moment to support the efforts of The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation by clicking HERE


The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation challenges itself and the global community to decrease new global pediatric HIV infections by one-half between 2009 and 2013, preventing nearly a million infections in children.

The Foundation, together with its partners, will work to reach 15 million pregnant women with prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) services in many of the world's most vulnerable countries between 2009 and 2013.


Each of us can make a difference. Why not start today?




Comments

Ali said…
I admire you so much for being a part of that council!
Anonymous said…
I to wish you didn't have to post that video again this year - maybe next year the issues will all be addressed?
I had a friend who died of AIDS earlier this year. He was a really nice guy. We shared a birthday--December 1st. How ironic that his birthday was on AIDS Day. I didn't even think about that until reading your post. My friend lived with HIV for 13 years of his life and I never even knew he was sick until 3 weeks before he died.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
I'm glad you shared this info. I literally had no clue in the world that this was such a disproportionate problem in the African American community. These definitely are figures that need to be shared.

Popular Posts