ss_blog_claim=80281e8a6739f8d9e9a2abcd6c0ea72d

Monday, November 30, 2009

Violence Unsilenced....

Earlier this year my friend Maggie, author of OkayFineDammit started a new blog called Violence Unsilenced. It is a place where survivors of domestic violence can tell their stories. Anonymously is need be.

I took the pledge

Today, I tell my story on Violence Unsilenced. Like Rihanna I was in a domestic violence situation as a teenager. It was a trying period for me and I was afraid to tell any adults in my life about what was going on. Luckily no one lost their life but there was a very close call.

I ask you to visit Violence Unsilenced today and if you know any teens - please send them there too. My story may help someone you know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First time visitor, via VU. You are strong and beautiful - thank you for sharing!

strokeofliving said...

Thanks for sharing this powerful and personal experience. One never knows does one?

Ms. Bar B: said...

Glad that your turn came up to add to the collective. I am sure that your story touched a woman today!

maggie, dammit said...

Thank you again, my friend. You are a beacon of grace.

xo

There was an error in this gadget
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Clicky Web Analytics