Support Education! Donors Choose Challege

It is that time of year again! The annual DonorsChoose.org Social Media Challenge is kicking off today and runs through October. This is a friendly competition where bloggers rally friends and family to donate money to classroom teachers proposals on DonorsChoose.org. Last year during the Challenge we collectively raised $275,000 and reached over 67,000 students in low-income neighborhoods across the country. I have to thank my readers again for contributing $300 last year!

This time around I am teaming up with BlogHer.com to lead the Atlanta area team. I'd love for you to support the "Ravenous Readers." Ms.B's is trying to build a classroom library for her 7th grade gifted learners. As an avid reader myself this is a wonderful project that I had to lend support to. Ms. B would like to provide her 110 students with 3 sets of fiction and non-fiction books. This project is in need of $600 to be fully funded. Any donation helps!

can click here to go directly to the donor page.



I know that times are difficult financially for many of us but even if you are unable to contribute with money you can use social media to help the cause. If you use twitter, please help out by tweeting the following:

Support the # DonorsChooseChallenge in the Atlanta area. Educational assistance for students that need it most! inhttp://bit.ly/3Ieyn9

I'd for us to come together to fully fund this project. It is double my goal last year but I know together we can make a tremendous difference in the lives of these students! Thank you in advance for your support!






Comments

Mocha Dad said…
This is a great cause. I donate every year.

Popular Posts