Bringing Sexy Back - Dress Sexy!


It has been a minute since I've done one of these posts. So, here it goes. Earlier this week I talked about feeling melancholy and despite all of my traipsing around town I still feel down. However, that does not mean that I can't still bring the sexy. As a matter of fact I have a tendency to dress and look better when I feel depressed then I do under normal circumstances (aside from the weight gain of course). In any event, no matter what size you are you can still look and feel good in your own skin.

I've recently indulged myself with a few nice accessories, make-up and some clothes. Ostensibly for BlogHer but really just because I wanted to do something nice for myself. And then, out of the blue, I was contacted by Shabby Apple, an online clothing retailer to review their clothes. I immediately responded yes. I've been familiar with their clothing for awhile, a couple of blogs including Mocha Momma's have highlighted their clothing. I didn't look into the line closely because I just assumed like most boutiques their clothes were not for plus sized ladies. Well, I have to tell you that I was pleasantly surprised. Not only do they have plus-sized clothing but they also describe the fit of the clothes to help you determine the proper sizing. I love that! Too many times I've ordered things in my size that need to be returned because the fit isn't correct. Shabby Apple takes care of that for you.

As for the sexy? Well, a nice new dress can do wonders. The dress that I received is the 90 WPM(words per minute) dress and it is an old school style that is today sexy. How do I know? Well, I was watching Season 2 of Mad Men (I hope you watch too, it is amazing) last night and one of the secretaries had on a dress that looked Exactly. Like. My. Dress. This series is set in the 60s. And the dress? Sexy. At least my husband thinks so("the booty looks bodacious"), he took this photo of me looking coquettish, apparently the dress made me feel sexy too (and yes my boobs are ginormous).

Shabby Apple



My tip for bringing sexy back? Indulge yourself with something that makes you feel and look good. I know times are rough economically so you can shop sales (I always do) and if you are interested in Shabby Apple use the code "cutiebootycakes10off" for 10% off of your purchase. This code is good until August 31st.




Comments

Unknown said…
You keep saying you're bringing sexy BACK. Did it ever really leave?! You look gorgeous in this dress. I love being a woman of color because everything looks great against our skin.

I love the naughty hand-on-top-my head pose too. This is a guaranteed way to bring sexy back, or in your case, sustain it.

Great look. You're amazing. Hope you feel better with each day that passes (I've been there before).
Anonymous said…
Aw Renee.. hug.

You look beautiful in that dress! The color just suits you perfectly.


I find it interesting that you look and dress better when you're depressed. I run the other way and look like a mess. I become the untouchable house frau.
Lucrecer said…
You are working the hell out of that dress. I happen to think you look wonderful, always have. You have a light about you that shines through.
Their Maternity section is awesome. I could so see myself in some of those dresses, but they are not in my price range. The children's dresses are great too.
Lisa R Charles said…
Alrighty then!!! Not bad Mamma!!! You know I'm one for us Mammas keeping it sexy while doing our Mommy thing, it's all about balance.

I love your outfit and the color is pretty on you ~
uh oh girl...you sho-nuff rockin' that dress!! Oh yeah, the sexy is back!
Anonymous said…
"aside from the weight gain of course" she says....oh please Renee you should be saying "with all the weight gain I have LOST I look pretty good!" Because you do, pretty lady. You do.

My best, Lynn
Kathleen W. said…
Renee, I had to comment after reading this via the email feed because you look AMAZING in that dress! You just need a cute little vintage typewriter to go along with it.
Girl, you didn't bring it - it's brought as in DONE - here - HOT!!!

That color looks great on you! I love that dress!! You look great, Renee!!
Petula said…
Beautiful! The dress looks fabulous on you and I love that pose. ... I was just thinking about this post the other day and wondering if I'd missed it.

I know exactly what you mean about trying to keep up the appearance even when you feel down. Getting your sexy on is exactly what the doctor ordered.

BTW: I need some sexy shoes (on the low low low) that are really comfortable. Having a little mini vacation next month for my birthday and I'm trying to prepare now. :)
tiarastantrums said…
I just want to know if I order that dress will my chest look like that (smiles) - GORGEOUS!
Lisa B. said…
Renee that is your color. You are gorgeous and I love the pose.
hicksgirl93 said…
That is definately a sexy look for you!! perfect dress!!
You look absolutely gorgeous in that dress. And the color is beautiful. I have always been in love with anything turquoise.

I agree with you 100% that dressing up, especially when you are already down, will make you feel better. I know if I feel pretty I feel better.
Dawn said…
You go, girl! You look amazing! I thought these Dr. Scholl's sandals that Lysa Terkeurst was wearing at She Speaks were fab, sexy, and doesn't Dr. Scholl's just sound like they're comfortable, too?
humpsNbump said…
I came here from twitter and these comments are 100% right! You are bringing sexy back. That is your color girl!

~ humps
T.Allen said…
You look spectacular!
Maria said…
That dress is fabulous on you! And what great dresses they have. Thanks for the introduction. :)
Colette S said…
Oooh work it! You sexy fine thang. Seriously you are gorgeous. Now will you share some of the boobs. I have lemons! *roll eyes*
Colette S said…
Gosh did I mention that I've seen Shabby apple around and wish I could indulge
Diane said…
Great post! Even small changes can make a small difference.
Felicia said…
You look beautiful! I know what you mean though... wearing something nice can really make a difference some days.
Maude Lynn said…
They have some seriously cute things!
Karen MEG said…
Renee, you are so gorgeous, that colour looks FAB on you!!!
Dori said…
You look beautiful Renee! And honey, keep your head up :)
Girl you look great! I so want that dress and the color looks great against your skin. You are right every now and then we should indulge ourselves in a little something. Like I'm hoping to indulge in a haircut.
Lisa Johnson said…
I love that dress! I just checked out their website and they have some beautiful items. Thanks for the 10% discount. Hopefully I can use it!
cat/bad kitty said…
Wow! That's a DRESS! You look amazing in it. Good choice!
TRochelle said…
Oh the title is wonderful lol! The first thing I though was, honey sexy lost the directions to my place a long time ago lol! You look amazing in your dress and I just love your heels lol!
Jenni said…
WOW! That color is amazing on you! Looking GOOD!
Jailyn said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
amu said…
hot booty

http://hubpages.com/_3lg1dhc59y9ou/hub/beachgirlsbikinicollection2

http://hubpages.com/_3lg1dhc59y9ou/hub/beachgirlspicsprivatecollection7

http://hubpages.com/_3lg1dhc59y9ou/hub/hotgirlsgoingwild2

Popular Posts