Just One of Those Days....

It seems like Murphy's Law is in effect this morning. Despite my numerous complaints, once again I was awakened from my slumber by the sounds of my husband preparing for work. Although it doesn't happen frequently, when I am an early riser I do my best to be as quiet as possible. Too bad that same courtesy is not extended to me.

My son woke up bright and early (see above). I was happy that he requested the potty but he really just wanted to play with it (we have a musical pottty, please take my advice and stick to just the basic, bare bone potty) and screamed bloody murder when I turned it off. He also was alarmingly shrill when his father left for work. I was able to distract him with photos of chicks but he would not let me rest until I turned on the bedroom light (for reasons unknown to me).

On a business note, I have been progressing very nicely (or so I thought). However, this morning when I went to open my account I was told that my LLC application was flawed/deficient. Huh? I called the government office that deals with such things and was on hold for far too long. I had to depart the bank and make the call at home. After about 20 minutes of hold time it all boils down to I need a new name. Although the entity that had my name has been disolved it has not been five years and too bad for me, I need a new name.

Murphy's Law I tell you. There are still 14 hours left in this day, I am hopeful that things can only get better.......



Comments

Felicia said…
Bless your heart! Why does it always seem like it goes like that? I will be praying for you today for sure!

BTW... We got Graham the plain white Bjorn potty and LOVE IT.. although. now he likes to use the big boy potty like daddy .. LOL!!
K.W. said…
Sorry to hear Murphy's Law is going into effect in your household today. We have the same potty as you all, but did not install batteries. LOL!
CaraBee said…
My husband is SO noisy in the morning. Every single morning, he bangs the drawers open and shut, he LOUDLY scrapes the shower curtain open and closed, he stomps, he clank, clank, clanks the gate at the top of the stairs, it is almost impossible to sleep through. For me or our daughter. So believe me, I feel your pain!

As for the LLC license, that is a major downer! What about if you changed the name a little, like Cutie Bootie Cakes? That way you still have the name recognition.
T.Allen said…
Hmp! I know Murphy...never did care for him, especially when met with an abruspt awakening.

I hope your day turns around.
Anonymous said…
Good luck with the new name bit and I hope today gets brighter!
Amy said…
What a silly reason to have to choose a new name! What a bummer.

Have I ever told you that I think your blog is one of the cutest designs I've ever seen? It makes me smile every time I click over.
Ugh... I can relate. As everyone has everyone has already said, it WILL get better. It's just annoying waiting for it to happen. For the name, I wonder if the application would be OK if you made some minor change in just the spelling or punctuation? Let me know if you need brainstorming help!

Erica
That sucks. On a lighter note, you're a super creative woman - you'll think of something great! :) I hope your day has brightened up some!! *hugs* And congrats on all the progress you've made in your business!

:)
Kat @ For the Love of Chaos | www.SenileMOMentia.com
*Tanyetta* said…
I hope things are better for you soon! :)
Nikki said…
With 14hours left there's time for things to change =) Hope you find a cool new business name so you can move forward
Petula said…
Oh my, what a start to the day! Lost sleep, loud child and bad business news. I hope the rest of the day turned out better. Maybe this is a good week for a treat for mommy!

Popular Posts