On to the Meme. I am supposed to tell you 7 awesome things about me. I am not sure that I am very awesome but I will share some unknown facts with you.
1. I have had multiple poems written for me (before I was married) by different men, two have been published and I am sure many of you have read them because they are written by a famous author (who will remain undisclosed). *ETA I was requested to give the title of one of the poems, it is called "The Power of A Smile"
2. I once stayed overnight in a hotel for truck drivers in Zambia. The hotel was owned by one of the friends that I was traveling with but I was still skeeved out by the situation. I slept in all of my clothes on top of the bed using my own blanket because I just thought things did not look quite "right." This may not be very awesome but you have to agree that it is interesting.
3. It has been almost 20 years since I last ate beef, pork or poultry. I only really miss bacon (for BLTs) and hot wings (perhaps because that was the last chicken I ever ate). Sometimes I get the urge to break down and eat some chicken but I figure I have gone this long why bother?
4. I am an undercover gamer. I love to play the game Mafia Wars on facebook. This may not sound very interesting but I have the tendency to become addicted to games. Once I spent a week straight playing a game on X-Box. I don't think I ate for the entire week! Last week I played Mafia Wars until the wee hours and all day long -I have pulled back now but games suck me in. This is the reason why my Wii is strictly for fitness games!
5. I think I am pretty lucky. I once won an all expense paid trip to Durban, a city on the East Coast of South Africa (I was living in the country at the time). The funny thing is that I won a drawing at a party celebrating Women's Day and I won the 3rd time a name was drawn. The other two "potential" winners left before the drawing. I call that lucky!
6. I am drawing a blank here while trying to think of something else to share. Hmmm, well, I think this is awesome - I was quoted this week in Engage: Mom by my friend Kim, regarding diversity in the Mom Blogosphere.
7. Finally, I am a people person. When (if) you meet me in real life, I will be the exact same person that you read on my blog. I am friendly and outgoing and most certainly will never be called a wallflower.
I will not subject anyone else to this torture by naming names but if you so are inclined please do the meme and let me know. I would love to get to know you better!