Walking the Red Blue Carpet


About a month ago I had the honor of being one of 10 bloggers to attend Hershey's Night at the Museum at the Smithsonian. You can read all about that here, it was an amazing time. I mean imagine the stories I can tell my son of the time when we visited the Air and Space Museum on a tour with the Curator and he touched Amelia Earhart's plane. Never mind that the curator almost had a heart attack (the plane was not officially on display and we were getting a behind the scenes look) because most multimillion dollar museum exhibits are no touch zones! Fun times.

Nevertheless, I won a trip back for the premiere of Night At The Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian to rub shoulders with the stars. On May 14th, the shoulder rubbing commenced. I along with executives from Hershey's, fellow bloggers Linda and Amy and my friend Rhonda walked the red blue carpet. Throngs of fans were in frontof the museum but when we descended the steps of our bus not one head turned.

That was okay because the fun was on the carpet upstairs.Happy Ticket holders - Rhonda and I

We arrived shortly after Owen Wilson and while the papparazzi commenced to shooting his picture and interviewing him we had a birds eye view from the carpet. After our slow glide down the carpet we set up camp at the end of the paparazzi line. Stratigic planning on my part, I figured I could get a pose in with a few stars by bribing them with candy.

It worked!

Here are photos of me with several of the stars.
Shawn Levy - Director (The Hershey's Kiss worked magic!)


Alain Chabat - Napolean


Patrick Gallagher - Atilla The Hun

After the photo ops we watched Night At The Museum- Battle of The Smithsonian on the IMAX screen. It was loads of fun and my favorite character had to be Hank Azaria's King. Which seques into the after party! Here are Hank and me at the party


I also had a chance to chat it up with Amy Adams.

Mizou Peck played the lovey Pocahontas.


I don't have the photo but my girlfriend and I got chummy chummy with Robin Williams. When I have that photo I will post it. Robin. Williams. Love him!Robin Williams and Chief Justice John Roberts

All in all the night was great fun. I wished for a photo with Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson but their "handlers" aka publicists were like bodyguards and unless you had a child handy to throw into the picture no photo ops were happening.

I have to give Hershey's a big thanks for giving me my first opportunity to attend a premiere. I had a great time, a reunion with a College friend and met some wonderful people. I have more to share about Hershey's - I was a fan before but after my trip to Hershey, Pennsylvania I have become the uber fan. More on that later.........

For more Wordful Wednesday visit Angie's 7 Clown Circus.

Comments

CailinMarie said…
that looks like fun!
good for you.
I'd be standing there twiddling my figners and WISHING I had the guts to go talk to somebody but I'd have just stayed in my corner. Good for you.

and yes,
I adore Hershey.
and the town. and the park and the silly "tourist attraction factory" my kids still have their "factory hats and badges"
Danielle said…
How exciting! You met so many people. I am really looking forward to see the movie!
What an experience!
Felicia said…
That is so exciting!!! Long time no see!!! You look beautiful in the pics!
Allison said…
How fun! I am hoping to see that movie soon with my son, do you think a 5 year old boy would like it?
WOW...that looks like an AMAZING experience!
littlebrownjen said…
Ben Stiller looks creepy in that pic! Omg, lol! Looks like you had so much fun =)
Niri said…
Wow! what an experience. Have not been to hersheys, but wondering if my 2 and 4 year old girls would like it.

LOL Wish I could have seen the curator's face.
Luxe Tips said…
Love your makeup! Who did it? What did you use? Looks like loads of fun!
Anonymous said…
That looked like something that will forever be great memories for you. Side note: Ben Stillers one creepy shark eye will be a thing of my nightmares tonight for sure...

My best, Lynn

Feeling any better?
Looks like you had a fabulous time! Me and the boys are looking forward to seeing that movie- looks hilarious!!
ParentingPink said…
Wow! You are a superstar now! It's so cool that you got to attend the "blue carpet" event! I live about 20 minutes outside DC and LOVE taking my daughters to the Smithsonian - glad you got the opportunity to go and "touch" Amelia's airplane!
Sam_I_am said…
That's pretty awesome! I saw that movie on Friday, before it opened on Memorial Day, but that's only because all the Drive-ins were already playing it. I really liked it and I was ready to trek to DC!
I'm so happy for you – what a fun time!
Meghan said…
Girrrrrl, now lucky are you!!!
I adore Amy Adams & Hanz Azaria...um, hello, sexy & funny, just what I want in a man.

Looks like you had a blast.
I met Regis Philbin once....now there's excitement *rolls eyes*. Tee hee.
miranda said…
That's AWESOME!! What a fun time. I can't believe you got to do that. I am a huge fan of Owen Wilson. Can't wait to see the movie.
Unknown said…
Great pics. You're such a superstar!

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey
Petula said…
Sounds like great fun.
CaraBee said…
Oh Renee that looks like so much fun! And you look absolutely beautiful! I heard that Amy Adams was kind of not nice. I love Hank Azaria. He does like 8 voices on the Simpsons.
Cynthia said…
How cool is that...look at you...superstar!
I'm pretty sure you're the luckiest woman I know. Seriously. Bring me with you next time,you hear? :)
joanofalltrades said…
Wow girl! You are doing the darn thang! A night with the stars......I know you had a blast!
Unknown said…
You have THE MOST fantastic smile. Looks like a fantastic night. I wish I were there!
Dori said…
Wow! What a cool time you had. It looked like so much fun. I love Robin Williams too :)
anymommy said…
How much fun is that. So glad you got this opportunity!
Anonymous said…
There he is! There's Owen! I just love that crooked nose of his.
Oh yes. Congratulations dearie, what fun!
Hershey is a blast, isn't it?
Wendy said…
What a great fun time you had! :)
More Than Words said…
All I have to say about that is, "OH MY GOSH!!!!!!" Wow!! How exciting!!!!!!!!! I love the pictures you took w/ the actors!! What a blessing you were able to go!!!!!!!
Barbara said…
That is so wonderful!
Gem said…
You outshine the other celebs =)
Tara Gray said…
Renee,

I have been following you for a while and I just have one question...How do you win so many things? you are always taken some trip or win something...I just want to know what is you magic touch
Look at you! Rubbing elbows with the stars! I love it!
Unknown said…
I know I know! I am so late! But look at you among the stars...shining much brighter then they are I might add! You look beautiful! You look like you had a blast!

Popular Posts