Monday, November 17, 2008

Mommy Talk

I love sitting down, drinking a nice cuppa joe or tea with my girlfriends and chit chatting. Although it doesn't happen as often as I like, I cherish the moments that I share with my friends. Blogging has enabled me to share that cuppa joe on a daily basis with new and old friends. We share our hectic lives, commiserate and have a grand time learning from each other.

It is very flattering for me to be honored by my group of "girlfriends" and this past week I have been literally showered with praise. On Friday I received a note by email that my blog has been chosen as Mommytalk's Blog of the Week! I could never have seen this coming. Mommytalk is an online community offering Parenting Tips, Advice, Forums and Blogs written by members.
I am guessing that the editor, Susan found me on Twitter. Needless to say I am honored and hope that you will join MommyTalk too.

I also recieved some awards from my bloggy friends. Petra, The Wise (Young) Mommy bestowed these beauties on me:

Petra and I have been bloggy friends since July or August when we were both very new bloggers. Although it seems like a long time has passed we are actually still new bloggers! Petra's blog is hilarious. But if you don't find humor in dogs carrying dildos you may not want to venture over there!

Kristen, of Kristen's Custom Creations also gave me the Superior Scribbler award. If you have not checked out Kristen's jewlery please go. Now. It is beautiful and I am sure you will want to add a piece to your collection.

Kristen gave me this nifty Top Commenter award for visiting and commenting on her blog La Dolce Vita on regular basis. And I would love to give it to you. Yes, you. I am so thankful for your visit. Although you may not visit everyday the mere fact that you are visiting and commenting today makes you a Top Commenter in my book! Please feel free to pass on this lovely award to your top commenters!
The Lemonade Stand Award is given to blogs that have great Gratitude/Attitude. Thank you to Awake In Rochester for this award.

Mocha Dad (yes a Dad blogger joined the mix) gave me the Charming Blog award and Julie of Frugal Shopping with Julie gave me the Kreative Blogger Award. I have already received these awards so I am not posting them again but I do want to thank you both!

These awards remind me that we all get by with a little help from our friends. If you are reading my blog for the first time or are a regular here I value you. I thank you for sharing your life with me and for being interested enough to check in on mine too. I actually want to give these awards to everyone that stops by because reading your comments and answering your questions really makes my day. Thank you and enjoy !


1stopmom said...

Congratulations girl :)

The White Family said...

Congrats sweetie! You deserve it!

Allison said...

Renee--Congrats and have a wonderful bloggy day!

Ms. Bar B: said...

Yay! Congrats on the feature and the awards. See, Renee, I somehow don't think that your goal of making this whole thing a career is that far away =).

And you are right on about friendship being no more than a blog or email away!

Luxe Tips said...

You are well loved! Great blog so I am not surprised! You go girl!

Sheliza said...

Well congrats on all of your most deserving awards! Must feel really good :)

vodkamoom said...

congrats. Couldn't have happened to a nicer or more supportive bloggy friend. kudos to Cutie!!!!

Erin said...

Congrats!! You deserve each and everyone of those awards.:)

T.Allen-Mercado said...

Kudos on a heaping helping of well-deserved praise!

I'm on my way to get the dish on these dildo carrying dogs, sounds like something I need to read! :P

angie said...

Congratulations! I have a lot of catching up to do on your blog....:)

Kristen Andrews said...

congrats! Those are some new ones!

CaraBee said...

Go Renee! Awards are fun!

Keep It Classy, Jen said...

Great job Renee!

Petula said...

You're doing an excellent job on your blog and around the blogosphere. Way to go.

Lisa @ Serah's said...

Congrats Renee! I love your blog so it doesn't surprise me how many people love it too!

Frogs in my formula said...

Congrats! Love all the bling. Way to go.


You deserve these awards! You have one of the most informative and fun blogs I have seen!

Heather said...

Well deserved awards, my dear. Congratulations!!

fly tie said...

oh a dad blogger! i'd never considered that. (in the same context of mommy blogging anyway.) shame on me.

yep. your blog is very informative and well written. i can definitely see how it's the repeated recipient of so much recognition. thank *you* for sharing. :-)

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

New and old friends eh? I meet so many new peeps everyday now I can barely keep up, then I feel guilty for not showing my face more around the old ones...and you know how it is...guilt, then more guilt. Glad to have you, eh!

And I changed my twit url to

whatcha think?

TattooedMinivanMom said...

I love the lemonade stand award. So cute!

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Congrats on all your awards!!

lilialately said...

Wow, you and your blog are famous. For me 20 readers is a good day! Hehe

Jenni Jiggety said...

Congrats on all of those awards! :-D

HeatherY said...

Congrats on all of the awards!

LaTonya Yvette said...

Congratulations! I love reading your blog.

ThePOSHpreneur Clarissa said...

You are an inspiration to me with all your sweet posts and your heart is very truly full of love...I can tell from your posts. I was SO HAPPY to see a "familiar face" when I opened my MommyTalk email! Well desered recognition! I look forward to getting to "know" you more via the blogsphere!

sassy stephanie said...

Yay you on your awards! Every time I see your smile in bloggy comments it makes me smile!

Thanks for sharing in my SITS day with me!

Christie-A Work In Progress said...

Congratulations! You are my mom-blog idol!

Anonymous said...

zF9A1w gC4D1w [url=]bottes ugg[/url] tU1B1j ugg kC4L3h
xT8A9h hH8S8v [url=]uggs pas cher[/url] tX9A1l uggs pas cher kJ9M2x
aF8L4w hC3M4p [url=]ugg[/url] qT4G4b ugg ブーツ yJ2S9t
hH8B2q mI9X2k [url=]bottes ugg[/url] aO1K9o ugg soldes tV6O0g
cE0Z8r sA0Z0x [url=]isabel marant[/url] eB1K4m isabel marant xD6X7y
hE4F8h pD2X5c [url=]uggs winkels[/url] xH0F0h uggs europe qI4P5t

Anonymous said...

iO6I6i dA7N8f [url=]longchamp soldes[/url] yL2V9j sac longchamp cV0R6w
eZ7R8r tA4J3z [url=]longchamp sac[/url] jZ4C9b longchamp bW8T9f
zS5Z4d iK2O5d [url=]ralph lauren outlet[/url] lS2L1v cheap ralph lauren polo dR3A8l
aH4U6b xB8E4s [url=]uggs pas cher[/url] pK3F9l bottes ugg gM3Y8y
vA7W3t cH5W9t [url=]ugg boots outlet[/url] dO4X7z ugg boots outlet tG7Z1m
oP6D1b mR6K9p [url=]burberry pas cher[/url] pR7W7f burberry pas cher nN0C6i

Anonymous said...

[url=]sneakers isabelle marant[/url]
[url=]isabel marant bottes[/url]
[url=]isabel marant sweater[/url]

Anonymous said...

gU3K1u cW8R3t [url=]cheap uggs outlet[/url] eB0B0r cheap uggs outlet nA6N9x
gE4E8g gT5Y4c [url=]botas ugg baratas[/url] oB6A5h botas ugg yY7H7q
fI5J9t fC4T5q [url=]uggs on clearance[/url] fT2W4p pink uggs zM6K4y
xC6C7q aF2M8p [url=]uggs schoenen[/url] wE4P4e uggs outlet uF8C6x
pX4W2f fI7I4v [url=]ugg outlets[/url] cC5W8a cheap uggs online oJ6I2b
wY2F5g jH8C5a [url=]ugg soldes[/url] vW9X8m bottes ugg wV1H8d

Anonymous said...

yJ8V5j rV1L8z [url=]ugg boots outlet[/url] lN1S2j ugg outlet dW7T3c
gG1K7h sZ3N6r [url=]sac longchamps[/url] cG1K7l sac longchamps fD0K9j
yZ2L0k rL6M4f [url=]polos ralph lauren[/url] kP1J7o ralph lauren soldes fV4Q0n
vB4R4o [url=]uggs sale[/url] wX7V4i uggs schoenen aI8A5v
kC1B8r [url=]ugg pas cher[/url] nM2N5o ugg pas cher gB6Z1u
tQ1Z6r kU3I6n [url=]cheap ralph lauren polo shirts[/url] dY1I6d ralph lauren outlet mJ0Q5m

There was an error in this gadget
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Clicky Web Analytics