Generosity


autumn tree Pictures, Images and Photos
True Giving is to Those Who Can Never Repay You
, unknown

October is coming to an end, autumn has arrived and the hours of sunlight are quickly dwindling. As you prepare to wrap yourself up in comfort I would like you to take a moment to think about privilege. Wherever you are, whatever you do, you are privileged. WE are privileged. In this declining economy and with belt tightening everywhere it may not seem like it. But think about it, we have access to the internet and a computer most of us on a daily basis.

Everyone is not so lucky. There continues to remain a digital divide and the poorest among us are not fortunate enough to have regular access to computers or the internet. People similar to the childrern that will benefit from my fundraiser. They are students in the Atlanta public school in the most poverty stricken areas.

I give a heartfelt thank you to my donors, you are truly appreciated. As a result of your generosity one of the programs is fully funded.The two projects that remain are asking for basic supplies. Things that you and I may have taken for granted when we were in school.

I want to make a final appeal to those of you that may have forgotten to donate to please do so today. There are only 8 days left for the bloggers challenge. If each of my readers donated $1.00 it would make a difference. Please do this and help shape the future for our young people. A solid educational foundation may place them on the path to success instead of continuing the cycle of poverty.





Comments

Anonymous said…
This i a great post. Everyone talks about how the education system in high-poverty areas but very few people do anything about it- I have donated to your fund already and I encourage more of your readers to do so as well. It's a great cause.
What a wonderful thing you're doing. And I'm just seeing your new page and I love it! Thumbs up to Mommy Chronicles.
You better TELL IT, Renee! We are blessed, aren't we? Great post--I'm donating now.
Vodka Mom said…
wow. That is fantastic!! thanks.........
Great post. It is true that all of us that live in America are very lucky! By the way, my daughter saw your booty cakes and said they look yummy! (She didn't know they were made of diapers. :)
Dawn said…
You are so great to make a difference!
Felicia said…
This is great! I donate to the school system I work in. It is tough seeing so many who need SO much! Simple things like new glasses is what I faced today...to a boy who joined a gang and is searching....

I wanted to let you know that I am giving you an award. It will be posted on Saturday. I'll make sure to remind you! I'm sure you receive a ton of awards each day...so don't feel like you have to link back or anything. I just wanted you to know that I love your blog!
http://gograhamgo.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
Kudos to you for being pro-active. You have a terrific blog and mission.

Popular Posts