Yes, it is official, I am addicted to blogging. And apparently I am going through the stages of addiction.
1. Use - I began blogging in July, enjoyed writing and felt no pressure to write posts but did so on a daily basis just because it was fun.
2. Misuse - I rarely get out these days. It seems as if I am teethered to the computer and I only take requisite visits to the grocery store and to drop off and pick up my son from daycare.
3. Abuse - I am up late at night and early in the morning blogging. And when called to step away from the computer I give the scoarching laser beams of death the person suggesting such blasphemy. Obviously they don't understand.
4. Dependence - I have the desire and need to blog daily sometimes *twice* and for me blogging is not only writing my posts. I must visit and comment and respond by email to my readers. Because without you where would I be?
5. Addiction - Although I didn't post on my vacation I post when I was at Disney I did Tweet. I could not imagine not being connected to the blogosphere in some shape or form. And when other moms at the Disney said they completely unplugged for the weekend I felt like the wind was knocked out of me. I just could not imagine such a thing.
The good news? I am not in denial about my affliction and they say admitting that you have a problem is the first step to recovery.
But I am not sure I am ready to recover. Perhaps I can take babysteps. Starting right now. I will spend the rest of the day hanging out with Mom and my son. Blogging will be here when I return and I will catch up on my reading and commenting and emailing. Soon.
I just know it!
*This post is for my mom who suggested I give the computer a break. They say "parents just don't understand" but in this instance her statement holds some validity for me. I need to visit family and friends - technically I am still on vacation. Tata for now. I will return later."