Requisite Post


He is the love of my love. I have known love before but none has matched or will ever surpass this one.  He is my baby boy, my son Mekhi..  Mekhi continues to amaze me on a daily basis.  Yesterday he said his first sentence and today he actually put two sentences together and was able to distinguish between an object and a person.  As in “What is that?  Who is that?”  This certainly impressed me.  As cliché as this may sound, it seems like yesterday he was coming home with me from the hospital. We struggled for at least ten minutes trying to get him in the car seat.  When we finally departed I held his head up during the entire car ride home because I didn’t like the awkward slump of his head.  

 

Today, just 14 short months later, he is a walking, talking dynamo.  A whirling dervish of energy.  As much as I would like for him to listen to my every request I do admire his ability to stand his ground without wavering his focus. My little boy is growing up and it is happening too fast for words.

 

He is the love of my life, my baby boy, Mekhi.




Comments

Gem said…
Don't you think it's amazing that when you become a mom, you had no idea you could love someone so much! I feel that way every day when I think about my son.

Your son is sure a cutie =)
I love this post......I can feel the energy and love.....and I love how you wrote that he is a whirling dervish of energy! :)
Anonymous said…
He is a cutie!
Wow! He's beyond handsome!
Carrie and Jim said…
He is such a cutie! They do grow up fast. I'm glad you are enjoying every moment of his life. It's the most rewarding part of being a SAHM. Thanks for reminding me o cherish each moment!
Jenni said…
He is gorgeous!!!
Anonymous said…
He's gorgeous! I promise that it only gets better. The more they grow, the more they test you and the more you learn what love really is...imho as a mom of a 6-year-old whirling dervish...great description!
Weith Kick said…
He certainly is adorable!
Ali said…
Great post! I remember when my oldest starting to put together words by himself. I was so blown away I told everyone I knew! I think they thought I was a little crazy but I thought it was so amazing:)
Erin said…
You're going to be beating the girls off with a stick when he gets older! That smile is killer.
Rachel said…
Mekhi is soooo cute! As far as my camera, I do NOT have a professional one -- no way I can afford that.

I'm posting about it tomorrow -- I actually had a couple of people ask, so I figured it would be easier to just turn it into a post!
MaricrisG said…
He's gonna be your best exercise routine yet! Wait till he starts running! :) Ohhhh, he is so cute! Yu are such one lucky mom! I wish I can have a boy too (fingers crossed)
Anonymous said…
I love this post! And that little boy of yours is gorgeous, just like his mom. :)
followthatdog said…
wonderful. I love this post. I am constantly amazed at the speed with which my little boys are becoming, less little and more boy.
Kaza said…
He is just gorgeous!!! I did the same thing with my daughter when we brought her home. I can remember that nervous ride home so vividly. 14 months is SUCH a fun age. In fact, 13 - 20 months was one of my favorite periods in my daughter's life. (3 1/2 is great too, but much more challenging!)
It's amazing how they really do become your life. It's the best love there is.
Anonymous said…
It's great to see how much our kids grow up.

Zinnada<><
Kristen Andrews said…
You are right the love for a child is like no other, funny I just made a new necklace for myself today that has a message that reminds me of the love I have for my kiddo.

Popular Posts