Today I have decided to tackle those memes.
MommyPie (love her) tagged me with a 10 Random Things Meme. This meme originally came from Flikrlovr of I'd Blog That and since I commented on her blog that day and she is recovering from surgery and she has a new MAC I am linking back to her. Her rules are as follows:
“Tell us/me/the world 10 interesting/random/quirky/normal/silly things about yourself … things you’re looking forward to, things about you personally, whatever you want.”
2. I lived in Johannesburg, South Africa for a little over 2 years. It was an experience that will stay with me for the rest of my life. (And no I was not in the bush, there is no bush in Johannesburg it is an international city. I had the internet and everything. Really.) Recently I have been able to reconnect with friends from that time via Facebook. Gotta love it.
3. All of my mother’s siblings have one child, I am the oldest and the only girl – can we say SPOILED (but in a good way, I have never been a brat)?
4. Recently I took my son out to dinner for the first time. Everyone asked if I was expecting anyone and I told them no, it was just me and my little man. We had a great time, he colored, drank more than he ate and happily went to bed that evening.
5. My favorite hobby is reading (does anyone even use the word hobby anymore?). I started reading in kindergarten after begging my teacher daily to teach me to read. She acquiesced only after my mother called the school and demanded that she teach me. Since the day I met Dick and Jane I have never been the same (this might be dating me but hey what can you do?).
6. I was married in Las Vegas and as cheesy as it may sound it was wonderful. We stayed at a magnificent boutique Penthouse only hotel. It was exquisite. I’m talking a full two story wall of windows overlooking the Vegas strip. Even the shower (which included full body sprays and rainfall shower head) had a full window and seating. We had our own butler, concierge and were driven around in a Maybach. Oh the life of luxury. Wish I could live like that everyday.
7. My favorite color is purple and I never knew it until a friend of mine mentioned it to me. I took a look around at my things and realized that he was right. I have been claiming purple as my favorite color ever since.
8. My two best friends from college live within 35 minutes of me. We have all returned to our college town. Life couldn’t be better.
9. My mother and I vacationed in Anguilla and met a distant cousin for the first time on one of the beaches.
10. I like to play by the rules and don’t like variations. As a child few kids in my neighborhood liked playing board games with me because I would quote the rules.
Now I have to tag some people. Hmm, I am going to my blogroll for this one
Paula's List of Five
A Place of Comfort
Mrs Fussypants Guide to Life (this is a serious reach folks but I would LOVE it if she played along)
Momma's Losing It
An Island Life
Southern Fried Momma
Okay, now I am tired. I have another meme but I will do that tomorrow or later today.