1. I was the fifth generation of my family in the town that I grew up in and we were the first black family to settle there in the late 1800's.
2. I love riding roller coasters at amusement parks - the bigger the better.
3. When I was 11 my godfather and I rode on the trolley in San Francisco. As we hung on for dear life a lobster we purchased from Fisherman's Wharf tried to get out of the box he was in.
4. I don't like Snickers Bars and in a college public speaking class I did a commercial about Snickers and gave the bar away. Everyone was surprised.
5. Even though I am not afraid of heights I don' t like walking down marble staircases. Like the ones in Union Station in DC, they make me nervous.
6. I used to collect expensive watches but after my 2nd Movado was stolen (and the rest of my collection too by my Movado was the first expensive watch- I received it as a highschool graduation gift) I stopped collecting.
7. Until I started blogging I only read one blog and that was occasionally. I can't count the number that I read now.
I have tagged alot of folks this week so if you want to participate in one of these meme by all means please do and let me know you are participating in my comment section!
I have to say I really am feeling the love from the blogosphere - memes and awards are in abundance this week! I have received an award from Bridget of the Mama Belly Blog - The Kind Blogger Award! Thank you Bridget.
Here are the rules:
1. Only 5 people are allowed to receive this award.
2. Four (4) of them are followers of your blog.
3. One has to be new to your blog and live in another part of the world.
4. You must link back to who ever gave you the award.
I am giving this award to the folks that have featured my blog just because they wanted to. Truly Kind, thank you!
1. Daily Grind of a WAHM
2. 1Stop Mom
3. Ring Leader
4. Pen Lighted
5. Craft Therapy
I am adding a couple more, yes I know I have said I am a stickler for rules but I am bending a few this week!
Just one more - because the SITS gal's called my blog a saucy blog they get one too!
7. The Secret is In The Sauce
I have also received the Brilliante Blog Award from Dawn and Ms. Bar B. Ms. Bar B. and Amazing Grace also gave me the I heart your Blog Award.
I received the Blogging Friend Forever Gold Card from Wendy at The Domestiquette
Finally, to round it all out Tammy of A Day to Share With Tammy gave me a beautiful display case with all of my awards including a new one - the Excellent Blog Award. Here they are for all to see.
Thanks everyone. I believe I have fulfilled my meme and award quota for a long time (not that I am ungrateful) but I cannot tag another person.