A meme (pronounced /miːm/) is any learned feeling, thought or behavior. Examples include thoughts, ideas, theories, practices, habits, songs, dances and (controversially) moods. Memes propagate themselves and can move through the cultural sociosphere in a manner similar to the contagious behavior of a virus.
Not exactly what I was looking for.
Digging a bit deeper I found this definition on Quixtar Blog:
A blog meme is a type of Internet meme that requires active participation by the blogger and rarely traces back to an originating source. It's often a series of questions that a blogger answers to share some personal perspective or experience on random topics.
Now that is what I am talking about. This definition is simple and to the point. With this information came understanding. But I have to admit that I still don’t “get” memes but know they are a useful means for getting to know a blogger. So, now that I have the definition and understand the utility of memes I will do my first one. I was tagged by 1stopmom. She is great so I will play along.
For this meme I am to list 6 unspectacular quirks of mine. Here we go:
1. I get annoyed when people can’t follow driving directions and only travel in their comfort zone because they are afraid to get lost (get a GPS dammit).
2. I am highly irritated when people make mouth noises while chewing food.
3. If you look at my face you can tell immediately when I am annoyed, disgusted, upset, etc. I will never be a poker player.
4. I don’t like being asked what I am doing when I am sitting at the computer (probably because I should be doing something else).
5. When I brush my teeth one foot rests only on my toes (I have no idea why I do this).
6. I hate that my thighs rub together but do not have the motivation to exercise to resolve that situation.
So there you have it. My first meme and now I have to tag people. I should add this to the list - I don’t want to tag folks because I don’t want to be tagged. But if I must, I tag:
Just your everyday blessed so and so
Raising World Changers
Heavy on the Caffeine
Mommy Daddy Blog
Mom on the Rise
Here are the rules when you get tagged:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
I survived my first meme. I am glad that is over. But please, for the love of God – don’t tag me.