ss_blog_claim=80281e8a6739f8d9e9a2abcd6c0ea72d

Monday, July 14, 2008

The Babywearer

As a work at home mom it is essential that sometimes I have my hands free and my baby in close proximity to me. With a toddler running around it is sometimes difficult to accomplish things but my salvation on many a day has been babywearing. Now, before I had my son I was not very knowledgeable about the art of babywearing. Okay, that is not entirely true, I of course had seen the Baby Bjorn type carriers but that was just the tip of the iceburg. There are all sorts of carriers out there - pouches, wraps, mei tais, slings, structured soft carriers. You get the idea. Well, I started out with the Baby Bjorn and soon learned that I might need something else. My baby was no heavy weight when he was born but I didn't like the way he looked in the carrier and when I carried him at length my back hurt. So, I started searching for slings. My girlfriend had a sling so I said why not? The sling didn't work for me either, he looked to crunched up in there.

So, I went on a online search and found The Baby Wearer a whole community of mothers and fathers that wear their babies. The information was staggering! I purchased a Moby wrap and it worked miracles! My baby could sleep on my chest for hours at a time, my hands were free! It was lovely. As he got older I had to move on - so I purchased a Baby Hawk Mei Tai carrier (designed by a MoM), I love it! I love it more now that he is older because I wear him on my back and he enjoys it tremendously. I also have a pouch that I use mostly in the house to carry him on my hip honestly I would use it more but I leave it inside.

Anyhow, if you are unfamiliar with baby carriers you might want to check them out and I have found a contest with the motherload of prizes!

1 comment:

Luxe Tips said...

You know I just love your blog and will add it to my blogroll. Keep up the good work.

MML,

Latoicha
www.luxetips.com

There was an error in this gadget
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Clicky Web Analytics