Simple Valentine's Day decorating ideas

I think any time is a good time for a celebration and with Valentine’s Day quickly approaching I thought it’d be nice to put together some simply themed party ideas. All of the items I used were purchased at Walmart and in total cost less than $20.00! I kept things simple and stayed with a red and pink color scheme, nothing speaks the language of love like these colors! I started with a vase that has the word LOVE emblazoned across it. It was a great purchase costing only $3.95! Initially I was planning on filling the vase with red stones but decided that instead, I’d purchase some fresh flowers - my favorite, tulips ($4.95) in red. To this simple arrangement I added a heart shaped balloon that says Happy Valentine’s Day ($.99). If you’d like to do something more elaborate you can add baby’s breath or other flowers that you like, but I thought simple was best.




Using the vase as the centerpiece of my design, I purchased a pink plastic table covering ($.99), pink and white graphic paper plates ($.99) and a set of pink utensils ($.99). This makes for easy clean up after my gathering and I am not concerned about spills on a fabric table cloth. I added some red paper shreds (.$99) to provide some texture to my centerpiece and with that last touch my table was pretty much complete.



A celebration of love in my opinion requires libations, so continuing the red and pink theme, I purchased a bottle of Martinelli’s sparkling apple cranberry juice ($2.95) and a bottle of Barefoot Red Moscoto ($4.95). Don’t let the low price of Barefoot keep you away, I am a huge fan of their wines all of which are priced under $12.00 and many have won awards! Don’t be fooled, lower prices does not necessarily mean lower quality!



Finally, I added some Valentine’s Popcorn mix that is perfectly salty and sweet.....love can be that way too, don’t you think? You can find the recipe for the mix on this post and the bags can be given as favors once your get together is over. Whether you are celebrating self love, love of family or romantic love this Valentine’s Day, check out Walmart for everything you need during this season of love!



Comments

Popular Posts