This Veteran's Day Show Your Appreciation and #greenlightavet


Tomorrow is Veteran’s Day, the day we honor the men and women who have served this country and protected our freedom. My family is full of veterans - my uncle, both grandfathers, my Godfather and numerous family friends all served in the military. My good friend Allison is a veteran and I am so very happy to honor her and all other veterans on this day. 



Allison is a vet, a fighter, a survivor of cancer and has the most wonderful spirit of anyone I know.  I want to honor Allison and all veterans with a small gesture, that is powerful when many of us do it.  


I am honoring them by participating in  Walmart’s initiative, Green Light A Vet. I have changed the lightbulbs in front of my home and will keep them glowing daily as a symbol of appreciation and support for Veterans. I heard about this concept during my trip to Bentonville in September, and I must admit I was a little skeptical about the effectiveness of this small action. However, as I started to see green lightbulbs in stores and viewed commercials about the concept, I was immediately moved. Our veterans may not always hear thank you from us as individuals but shining one green light in a visible location is an easily identifiable way for them to know we care and appreciate them!


You can join the movement by changing a lightbulb to green too. Take a snapshot of it and share it on twitter and/or facebook using the hashtag #greenlightavet. If you don’t have a green bulb, change your profile photo to green! If you are wondering why green? The answer is - green is the color of hope and forward movement. Green light a vet both honors our veterans and hopefully sparks a national conversation regarding the recognition of our vets.

For more information you can visit GreenLightAVet.com and check out the video below!





Comments

Popular Posts