Sriracha Buffalo Shrimp {recipe}



My Giants! Big Blue! NEW YORK! They had a win on Sunday and needless to say I was and continue to be ecstatic! I am a football fan, I’ve cultivated a love for the Giants since 2011 and after the won the Superbowl in 2012 I never looked back. My son loves the Giants, I have sleepwear, glassware, clothing, all for the Giants! You have to understand I live in Falcons country and people here are relentless about the Dirty Birds. As a matter of fact, the other day my FedEx guy stopped by and as he delivered a package, he had some smart words to share with me about being a Giants fan. However despite living in Atlanta, I can’t be swayed. I am winning as a Giants fan and love them when they are up and down. Now this Sunday the Giants won and I did too because I enjoyed my Sriracha buffalo shrimp as I watched the game.



I did a twist on my usual Buffalo shrimp recipe because I really like the flavor of Sriracha and there was literally a party in my mouth! I baked my shrimp instead of frying. This cuts down on calories but absolutely does not cut down on taste. I did however use regular butter, a little bit of fat never hurt anyone! As I’ve said many times, I believe in everything in moderation and I had butter on hand, didn’t use much and it really added to the taste of my sauce. This recipe is so good, I could eat it daily and since preparation from start to finish takes less than 30 minutes, I literally could make this effortless every day! I served my shrimp on a salad but they are great all on their own too!


This is my third version of Buffalo Shrimp, my absolute favorite Game Time dish! Do you have a favorite Game Time recipe? If so, you should post a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #WalmartMVPContest to be entered to win a trip to L.A. to go to the YouTube studios for a pre-Super Bowl party and create content with with YouTube stars like in the video below.


You can find the rules for the contest here and find more Game Time recipes on Walmart.com


Sriracha Buffalo Shrimp


1 pound shrimp - cleaned and deveined
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp red pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp celery salt
3 tbsps Sriracha sauce (more or less to taste)
1 tbsp agave nectar


Method
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place shrimp in a bowl.
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.



Mix sriracha sauce and agave in a bowl, add dry ingredients and pour over shrimp.


Place shrimp on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
Cook in oven for 6-8 minutes (until shrimp are opaque), turning halfway through cooking time.

Remove from oven and serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing.



Comments

Popular Posts