New York Fashion Week 2015 Dion Lee Show #NYFW @Verizon

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that this week has been New York Fashion Week. New York Fashion Week brings so much buzz to New York City and for many years I have always coveted a seat (or even standing room) at one of the runway shows. I used to work near Bryant Park and when the tents used to go up I’d cross my fingers and toes in hopes of an invite, somehow, some way, an invite to just ONE show.....but it never happened. I did have the opportunity to attend Fashion Week in South Africa when I lived there but New York is truly the epitome for me and well, this year? My dream of attending came true thanks to Verizon!



As you may know, I am a lifestyle blogger for Verizon and sometimes I’m provided with products (to share how I incorporate them in my life) or even sent to events - like the The Style Beat Fashion Show in Los Angeles during the Grammys this year. As luck would have it, I just happened to be in New York and Verizon had VIP tickets to New York Fashion Week shows! I was ecstatic!


I only chose to go to one show because I was in New York more for pleasure than business this time but I am MORE than thrilled with the experience and am hopeful that I’ll be able to do more fashion coverage with Verizon in the future. I attended the Dion Lee show in Chelsea and let me tell you, it was a fabulous event! I had my Galaxy s5 on hand to capture all of the action. The show really began before any models hit the runway. The fashions....THE FASHIONS! People showed up and showed out, didn’t matter that it was 11AM in the morning, people were ready to see and be seen!




The energy in the room was palpable and I spyied everyone from supermodels to art students in the audience. Dion Lee’s designs were impeccable. I absolutely LOVED his attention to detail on all of his pieces and the model’s faces were beautifully bejeweled. It seemed like every look that came down the runway was one I could certainly see myself wearing. I have my eye on several of the outfits and my date loved them too....so perhaps I’ll be wearing a Dion Lee creation in the future!



At the end of the show Dion Lee made an appearance but it is clear that he wants his clothes to speak for themselves because his appearance was so brief that I couldn’t even snap a picture of him! I am very grateful for Verizon for giving me the opportunity to attend New York Fashion Week and share my experience with you!



















Disclosure: I am a Verizon Lifestyle Ambassador and occasionally recieve products and/or opportunities like this one to share with you. No other compensation was recieved and as usual all opinions are my own. 

Comments

Popular Posts