Game Day Honey Garlic Spicy Wings {Recipe}



Football season is in full effect. This is one of my favorite times of the year! Living in Atlanta and being a New York Giants fan can be a little intimidating because the hometown fans of the Falcons are serious! However, you won’t find me supporting the Dirty Birds, I am a true fan of Big Blue and that won’t change no matter where I live! I love entertaining so when I am hosting a football watch party or if I attend one, I enjoy making snack foods for everyone to enjoy. My latest favorite game time snack are honey garlic wings. They are sweet and a little spicy, simply delicious.



This recipe is simple to make and not only can you enjoy it on game day but anytime! My son absolutely loves these wings. Because he is not partial to spicy food, when I make for him I don’t add the red pepper. Having him eat these wings is a big win for me because my son is an extraordinarily picky eater and it is difficult to get him to try new things. However, after one bite of these wings he was hooked and asks me to make them all the time.

If you are looking for a great snack for game day or even a dinner or lunch option, you can’t go wrong with theses honey garlic wings! I was able to purchase all of the items needed for the recipe at Walmart for under $20 and could make twice the recipe with the items I purchased.




Honey Garlic Wings

Ingredients
2 pounds chicken sections
¼ cup whole wheat flour
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons soy sauce
½ cup honey
¼ tsp ground red pepper
2 tsps  garlic powder
¼ cup water

Method
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Line baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Spray with non-stick oil.
Season flour with dash of salt and pepper.
Coat wings with flour.
Place wings on baking sheet and cook for 40 minutes, turning at the 20 minute mark.
While chicken is baking, mix all remaining ingredients in small sauce pan.
Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
Remove chicken from oven.
Place in bowl and toss with sauce.
Return to baking sheet and cook for additional 10 minutes, turning at 5 minute mark.
Remove from oven and serve hot.

Variation: If you are making it for little ones or people that don’t like spice, leave out the
red pepper.

Tip: If you like your wings extra crispy, coat with olive right before baking.



Comments

Popular Posts