My Summer Style

“Summer, Summer, Summertime! Time to sit back and unwind!” ~ Fresh Prince




I absolutely LOVE summer, it is my favorite time of the year. And since this winter was especially brutal, I plan on totally enjoying the dog days of summer! I love beauty and fashion during all seasons but summer is when I really shine. I love the flirty dresses of the season, I like to just throw one on and go. And of course being the beauty maven that I am, I still don’t leave home without makeup but I change my routine up a bit to accommodate the summer heat. I headed to Walmart.com to check out some summer dresses. I found one that I think is cute and I can just throw on without thinking about it. That it what I love about the summer, carefree dressing that looks put together with little effort.


I found this cute zipfront dress that I can wear on a hot summer evening on the town. It is a statement dress that I can partner with a pair of sandals and a clutch. Of course, my look would not be complete without my summer makeup. All year I’ve been a fan of minimalist makeup and I am continuing the theme this summer.


I am foregoing my usual foundation and instead using Flower Flower Beauty Balm BB Cream ($12.00) in 4. I really like it because it is lightweight and acts as a primer and foundation all in one.  For my eyes I keep things really simple and use elf cream eyeliner in midnight ($3.00). I apply it with a slanted brush and I find it goes on easily and I have the ability to apply it as thin or thick as I like! I follow with waterproof mascara because I am not a girl who glistens, I SWEAT so to keep my makeup on my eyes on not in my eyes, waterproof is essential! I like Flower zoom in ultimate mascara ($7.98) waterproof intense black and CoverGirl Supersizer waterproof mascara (look for it in Walmart’s circular this week). For my cheeks, I like a two in one and Hard candy cheeks and balances highlight and contour cheek duo($6.00) is great. It is so easy to apply and gives me a nice glow. And for my lips I like elf matte lip color in tea rose, I add a little gloss on top and I am ready to go! From head to toe Walmart has me covered for the summer!


Comments

Popular Posts