Birthday Cake from Walmart



My son’s birthday was in May and he is a huge Skylanders fan. When I asked him what type of theme cake he would like for his birthday, he immediately responded Skylanders. Initially I started my search for his cake by visiting the website of a grocery store in the South that is well known for its bakery. I found a Skylanders cake that was $30.00 but before I placed my order, I decided to check in with Walmart to see if they had a similar cake. If you don’t know it, Walmart cakes are actually really good. When my cousin worked at Walmart he introduced me to their bakery and I had to admit I was quite impressed. When I visited Walmart I asked about a Skylander cake and lo and behold I found one for $19.00! It was a complete no brainer for me, I placed my order for pickup on the morning of my son’s birthday party. The cake was perfect and my son was beyond pleased and the kicker? It was the same cake that I almost spend ten dollars more for!


I wish I had known about the quality of Walmart’s cakes long ago. As is tradition, for my son’s first birthday I gave him his first taste of sweets with his very own smash cake. On my recent visit to Walmart’s headquarters, I learned that smash cakes are free with the purchase of any cake! I’m telling all of my friends with young babies, the free smash cake is a winner.


During my visit I also learned that you can customize cakes to your specifications and you can even get a layered cake. And if you are having a themed birthday party you can get everything you need from Walmart, from napkins, paper plates and tablecloths to the cake! Walmart is a one stop shop for special occasions and I’m a big fan!



Comments

Popular Posts