4th of July Red, White & Blue Sangria




The 4th of July is next week and I am all about being patriotic! One of my favorite pastimes is being a mixologist for my friends....even when I am not imbibing myself, I enjoy creating drinks for my friends to enjoy! What better time than the 4th of July to indulge in a little fun with sangria. I am a big fan of sangria, you may remember my winter sangria and now I have one to celebrate the 4th of July, I give you my red, white and blue sangria!

My red, white and blue sangria is composed of summer berries (strawberries and blueberries) that are in season now and available at your local Walmart. I also incorporated one of my faves, Barefoot Moscato Spumonte sparkling wine which is affordable and here in the south, can be found in Walmart too! I know it might be a bit of a stretch, but the white sparkling wine is the white in this sangria.

This red, white and blue sangria is light and super tasty! Perfect for entertaining at your 4th of July barbeque. I am looking forward to serving this to my guests and will probably make this even after the 4th of July is over because it is simply that good!


Red, White & Blue Sangria

2 bottles Barefoot Bubbly Moscato Spumonte sparkling wine
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1 cup Ciroc Red Berry vodka
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup water

Method
Prepare simple syrup by boiling water and sugar in small saucepan until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat.

Place strawberries and blueberries in a large pitcher. Add sparkling wine and vodka. Add cooled simple syrup.

Mix thoroughly.

Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

Enjoy!





Here are some more great 4th of July ideas from the Walmart Moms:
















Comments

Popular Posts