Galaxy s5 S Health app keeps me healthy! #vzwbuzz #connectedlife

Compared to most people I think I live a fairly active lifestyle. Of course, this is contingent upon my mood, sometimes I’m more active than others but overall I’d say I’m more frequently active than not. One of my favorite ways to stay on top of my activity is to wear an activity tracker but sometimes that isn’t feasible. If you’ve seen them, they aren’t the most fashionable things around! But the one “accessory” that I am pretty much never without is my phone. My Galaxy s5 is always with me, as a social media professional, it is important that I am always connected. This actually translates into a bonus for tracking my activity because my phone came loaded with S Health, an app that tracks not only my activity but everything from my heart rate, to the food I eat and of course calories burned. Admittedly, I haven’t explored all of the options but my favorite is the activity tracker.

The phone sets the daily goal at 10,000 steps. This is number that health professionals  recommended for daily activity. Of course you have the option to change the goal but 10,000 which is approximately 5 miles daily works for me. I don’t have to do anything for my steps to be tracked, it is automatically done by my phone. I love it. I can look and see if I need to add more steps or when I am doing my favorite form of exercise - dancing, I can see how far I go.




For the past few weeks I’ve been doing the equivalent of a half-marathon 13.1 miles (and some) on each Saturday. The first weekend I danced the day away and surpassed my goal and last weekend I took a couple of long walks with my girlfriend and we did 15 miles. The thing is, we walked and talked. The time went by quickly and we had a ball.


I am thinking about improving my eating habits - I went to the doctor and believe it or not my blood pressure was high! I attribute it to my weight gain, I’m up about 12 pounds so I need to do something about that. I plan on starting to take pictures of the food I eat and tracking it in S Health, hopefully this will keep me more accountable. I like having S Health in the palm of my hands and I can only improve on utilizing it to get myself together!

Disclosure: I am a Verizon lifestyle blogger, I am occassionally sent products to use in my daily life and write about them. All opinions are my own and no other compensation is received.

Comments

Popular Posts