DIY Coconut and Salt Scrub Christmas gift


It is that time of the year, teacher gifts! Every year I like to make a gift for my son’s teacher because I think it is more personable and shows the love I have for the person who is helping educate my child. This year I decided to make a sea salt and coconut oil scrub for my son’s teacher. I know that she enjoys crafting as much as I do and I think she will end up making this scrub for herself in the future. This is such a simple craft with only 3 ingredients, it takes no time to make and it is perfect for a teacher or hostess gift. Check out my video to see how it is done!


I purchased the majority of the items I used at Walmart, with the exception of the essential oil. You can find essential oils in many online stores or even in health food stores in your area. This recipe is pretty flexible and I chose to use liquid coconut oil but you can also use olive oil if you like. Coconut oil has an exceptional fragrance and it feels exceptionally good on the skin. I paired the coconut oil with tangerine essential oil. I love the mix of aromas and the citrus also has antibacterial properties.



The sea salt works as an exfoliant, coconut oil is the moisturizer and the essential oil is a cherry on top! The scrub is really simple to make. I mixed 3/4 of a cup of sea salt with 1/2 cup of liquid coconut oil. Next, I added 5 drops of the essential oil. After mixing all of the ingredients completely, I transferred them to an 8 ounce canning jar. I finished off the project by adorning the jar with ribbon and a small Christmas ornament. I’m pretty sure my son’s teacher will be pleased with the Coconut oil and salt scrub and will think of us everytime she exfoliates and moisturizes her hands. I suggest using this product once a week, using it more often will cause dryness.



So tell me, what are your favorite DIY teacher gifts for the holiday season?





Comments

MoxiesGroovyMom said…
Going to make this today for my daughter's teachers! Thanks, this'll be a lot less expensive than the other gift I was considering.

Popular Posts