Holiday Makeup made easy!





The holidays have officially begun in my book. Christmas and the New Year are a month or so away. And you know me, I love both a good bargain and excellent make-up so I’ve been looking out for great deals. I have to tell you that Walmart has a fine array of both make-up and fragrance gift sets that are perfect for gifting to others and even yourself! I saw so many options that were $10 that it made my head spin. We have a women and children’s shelter here in Atlanta and they always welcome giftsets for the holidays and Walmart has a selection I’ll be happy to purchase and donate.


I  was asked to try one and share my experience with you and as a big Hard Candy fan, I tried their smokey eye gift set. There are actually three different smokey eyes sets available but I tried the one that featured purple. You know I love purple! At $9.98 this set is a great bargain. It comes with an eyeshadow pallet with 5 different shades. To achieve my look, I used them all. The set also included mascara, eyeshadow primer, liquid eyeliner, pencil eyeliner, eyeshawdow brush and 2 pink lip glosses. I put together a look that can easily go from day to night and I can of course wear it for the holidays.

Here is a video that highlights how I utilized the set.




To start, I used the primer on my lids, this helps set the eyeshadow. It makes it long lasting and diminishes creasing. I placed the very light, almost white eyeshadow on my browbown. Next, I used the medium purple all over my lid. In the center I placed the highlight  lilac color and then placed the dark puple in the far corners of my eyelids. I used a blending brush to tie the colors together. I lined my top lid with liquid liner and used the pencil on my waterline. I find that with liquid liner on my lower lid I am more likely to tear and have to clean up my line. With pencil, I don’t have the problem.


I completed the look by using the darker pink lipgloss on my lips. I love this look  and can’t wait to wear it on Christmas and maybe even New Year’s Eve! If you are looking for holiday gifts be sure to check out the makeup and fragrance gift selection (especially the Curve set!)  at Walmart. There are so many different options, from makeup brush sets to bath and body, you won’t be disaapointed!



Comments

Popular Posts