Storm X-Men Make up tutorial






Storm of the X-Men is bold, brazen and beautiful. All of the things that I want to be and so it seems natural for me to want to wear a costume that epitomizes all  of her characistics. I’ve actually wanted to be Storm for years but have been unable to find a costume. This year, I decided to finally put my crafty ways to work and transform myself into my alter ego STORM! I am fully committed to the transformation and for me that means even adopting her beautiful eyes. In order to accentuate the eyes, I had to do a full on glam look. I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed putting it together!


Today I am going to show you how I achieved this look!  If you are not familiar with Storm, she is a member of the X-Men, a mutant. Her name is Ororo Munroe, a descendant of African princesses who all have white hair, blue eyes and wield magic. She has the ability to control the weather. And her name, Ororo means beauty! So of course, I had to play up the beauty aspect of my costume. Check out my video below!


I started with products from Walmart. As a base I used my favorite foundation Revlon’s Colorstay 24 Hour in Cappuccino. Next I focused on my eyes. I used Hard Candy Eyes The Limit Eye Shadow Primer ($5.00) to keep my shadow in place. For a dramatic look, Hard Candy 12 Hour Eye Waterproof Shadow in Gladiator ($6.00) did the trick. This is a silver long wearing shadow that I placed from the corners my eyelids all the way to my browbone and extended into a taper that went slightly beyond my eyebrows. 



I also used it as an eyeliner for even more drama! Next I wanted to have a dark contrasting color so I added a black eyeshadow from the Hard Candy top ten eyeshadow collection Smoke Out $6.00 (I also used this in my Fall Beauty Look). I placed black directly on my eyelid and then tapered into a triangular shape just beyond the outer corners of my eyes. I did not do any blending but I achieved the shape I was going for by cleaning up the make up with a q-tip.  


Next, I applied Fright Night Glamor eyelashes which I absolutely love! They are found in the Halloween section at Walmart and have sparkling gems at the base. 


They look stunning and at only $2.97 are a real bargain! For my cheeks I had a rose color from my personal collection - PLÃ… beauty (a portion of proceeds from this collection goes to Children’s Hospital of Atlanta, I love that!). And for my lips I used See Red from the Cover Girl Queen collection ($5.94). Bold eyes and lips truly make this look pop!



I didn’t stop with my face, I also painted my nails. I painted Black on Black from the Sinful Colors collection ($1.98) on four of my nails and then painted an accent nail Hi Ho Silver from the Sally Hansen complete Salon manicure ($6.48) line. For the topcoat I used Sally Hansen’s miracle gel ($7.97) to that I could get long wear from my manicure. I suggest having a wooden manicure stick on hand to clean up any polish that may accidently get on your fingers. Simply wrap the tip in a cotton ball, dip it in nail polish remover and remove any mistakes.



I have to say that I am really proud of the final look. I had to piece together my actual costume by searching Amazon for the components (the majority of which I can use again for a different costume in the future). I cannot wait to go out as my alter ego Storm with my son on Halloween, he is going to get a huge kick out of having a Superhero for a mom!

If you are looking for more Halloween costume inspiration, check out my friend and fellow Walmart mom Heather of the Domestic Diva as she shows you an easy Leopard Halloween Costume Makeup Tutorial!






Comments

Popular Posts