Quick and Easy Yogurt Breakfast



I really like breakfast. French toast, a bagel with lox (longing for NY again), pancakes and bacon. Mmm mmm good! But I don’t have these this type of breakfast very often. As a matter of fact, I probably only eat like that every few months or so. There are a couple of reasons - first of all, I don’t like eating a lot of carbs and secondly I just don’t have time to cook a hot breakfast! My go to breakfast options include smoothies, yogurt and sometimes a few pieces of bacon. Speaking of bacon, I’m missing my BLT breakfasts....I might have to reconsider that. But I digress! Seriously, breakfast is a quick and healthy meal for me and generally Greek yogurt fits the bill because it is high and protein and I can grab and go.




When I visited Walmart headquarters earlier this year, I was given some breakfast ideas with yogurt that made me say “why didn’t I think of that?” My favorite option was adding some protein to Dannon Greek yogurt and serving it with pears. So, simple and oh so good! I am a fan of natural peanut butter and with 9 grams of protein it is a great addition to Dannon’s light and Fit Greek yogurt. This yogurt has 12 grams of protein and the combination packs a whopping 21 grams of protein!


This is important for several reasons. Breakfast is the first and most important meal of the day. It is literally breaking your fast after a night of sleep and it also can jump start your metabolism. Protein keeps you full and breaks that early morning hunger. To make a quick breakfast, I simply add a tablespoon of peanut butter to my vanilla yogurt, cut up some pears, add them to the mix and I’m on my way. Quick, easy and portable. I usually just mix everything in the yogurt container if I am on the run. But mornings when I don’t have to leave the house and want to feel a little “fancy” I’ll serve it to myself in a nice martini glass.

Breakfast is so important and I love having simple options for my most important meal of the day!



Comments

Popular Posts