Dancing Fun with my son

Keeping a healthy and active lifestyle is very important to me. After losing over 50 pounds, I have adopted a lifelong commitment to a living healthy. During my lifetime I have exercised and frequently made good eating choices but like everyone I do have lapses. However, I’ve found getting back on the horse isn’t that difficult because I know the right things to do. It is important to me to instill the same values in my son. And although he is only six, he too understands that exercise and good food choices are a part of our lifestyle.


We do various things to stay active as a family. He is currently taking swimming lessons to become a competitive swimmer and this is his primary sport year round. This summer he will have his first races and we are both very excited. I am a runner but have been focused on having my best body ever so weight training has become my go to workout. Together we most enjoy dancing and given the amount of pollen in the air right now and the crazy heat of summer which is already starting, dancing in the house is our best choice.




I took a trip to Walmart and purchased Just Dance 2014 for my xbox360 kinect. Purchasing it for fun and exercise was a no brainer after my son and I spent close to an hour playing it at our local mall. My son dubbed me the “dancing queen” and we had a crowd checking out our moves. When it is hot outside and the pollen count is high we can have a ball moving our bodies with this game. And if I want straight exercise, I can set the game for a determined amount of time for continuous play with a playlist of my making. With all of the latest hits, I am never bored!


After dancing like crazy we work up a sweat and are in need of snacks. To satiate our sweet tooth we both enjoy eating Craisins Dried Cranberries. I add a few almonds to make this a protein filled snack. And to quench our thirst we drink So Delicious Dairy Free Almond Plus Vanilla almond milk. Again, this is my choice because each serving has 6 grams of protein.

So now you know, for fun we dance and enjoy protein packed snacks. What do you and your family do to stay active during the spring and summer months?





Comments

Popular Posts