Frozen fruit treat Yonanas!


My son has been my biggest cheerleader for the entirety of my journey to healthy living. I started my journey when he was only 2 and he will be turning seven next month. Luckily for me I started working on living healthy long before he started being brutally honest because just the other day when I showed him my pregnancy photos he said I was fat! I corrected him and said I was pregnant and he went on to say “that’s okay mommy, I saw a women on tv who was your size but she was just FAT not pregnant!” Kids, ya gotta love em! But honesty aside, he is supportive! I showed him a photo of a woman who has the body I want to achieve this year and he said “mommy, you aren’t that far off, you are just missing the stomach muscles.” My man! The other day he was eating chocolate and siad “Mommy you should really try this, but I know you won’t because you are on a journey!” I love it.



I love that my son is aware that I want to make healthy choices but it is also important for me to share that with him. As often as possible I try to get him to try some of my treats like fresh fruit and smoothies. So I was elated when asked to try out the new Yonanas which is available at Walmart. Yonanas is a small kitchen appliance that turns frozen fruit into the consistency of soft serve ice cream in minutes. The foundation fruit is bananas and in the past I’ve made my own version of banana soft serve with a food processor but I really like Yonanas, especially since I can keep all of the parts together (I lost the blade to my small food processor)! My son saw Yonanas and was really excited. We froze bananas that had cheetah spots on them (the sweeter the better) and he requested that we also freeze some strawberries because they are his favorite fruit. 

After letting the fruit freeze for 24 hours we were ready. I took the fruit out and let it thaw for 10 minutes as suggested (but next time I’ll let it thaw for 15) and then put half a banana in the chute. I followed that with another banana and then the banana started appearing. I also added strawberries and within 3 minutes had my yonanas!


It took about two bananas and a handful of strawberries to make one serving and as you can tell from the photo, my son loved it! I can serve this treat anytime - breakfast, lunch or dinner because it is simply fruit! I’m looking forward to making some toppings like a chocolate protein one that would make for a great snack! Clean up of yonanas was pretty simple, I just took it apart and washed it.

The one downside of the product was that a lot of fruit ended up still inside of the machine. I scooped it into my bowl and enjoyed a little myself. I think that when I let the fruit thaw a bit longer perhaps not as much will be stuck in the machine. Overall, I really like Yonanas, it will help me on my journey and my son can also enjoy a frosty treat. Yonanas is available at Walmart for $48.50.


Comments

Popular Posts