New Balance Fresh Foam 980 Review and Launch Party


I am a long time fan of New Balance running shoes. I received my first pair in 2011 and they continue to be a staple of my running shoe collection. They are comfortable, fit well and don’t give me any problems when I am running high mileage. This year, New Balance is released a new shoe, the Fresh Foam 980.


For the past few weeks I’ve had the opportunity to road test the latest shoe from New Balance, the Fresh Foam 980. I have to say that I love it. First off the colors are amazing and I keep getting compliments every single time I wear them. And the ride, oh the ride is simply heavenly! These shoes are lightweight, coming in at a mere 7.27 ounces for the women’s shoes and 8.8 ounces for the men’s version.  And did I mention how comfortable they are? I have to say that these are perhaps the most comfortable running shoes I have ever tried. They are very cushioned and provide a good amount of space in the toe box. This is especially important to me because depending on the season I change the thickness of my socks and I have enough room to accommodate any sock choice I make with the Fresh Foam.


I am trying to think of one thing about the shoe that I don’t like and the only thing I can come up with is that the laces are extraordinarily long but that actually doesn’t bother me at all. I just wanted to try and find something that wasn’t perfect about this awesome shoe! It is currently available for $109.00 both online and in stores. And if you’d like to try before you buy, you must come out to the Fresh Foam Launch Party tomorrow.


The launch party will be lots of fun! I was supposed to be a host but unfortunately because of snowmageddon 2 the date was changed and I am traveling. But not to worry! My best running friend Lorraine of RunWifeyRun will be the hostess with the mostess! Join her for food, a 5k run, prizes and of course the opportunity to try out the Fresh Foam 980 for yourself!





Fresh Foam Launch Party Details
Thursday, February 20, 2014 at 6 p.m.
Big Peach Running Co. (Brookhaven), 705 Town Blvd., Atlanta, GA
#FreshFoam

Disclosure: I recieved a pair of Fresh Foam 980s for the purposes of review. All opinions are my own. 

Comments

Popular Posts