Best Dip for Game Day! {recipe}




The big game is only a few days away. This is hard for me to believe because it feels like the season just started! But the last game of the season is upon us and it will be held in the stadium of my home team The Giants. Oh how I wished that they were playing, that’d be amazing and I most certainly would have found my way there. Sadly, that was not to be but it won’t keep me from enjoying the festivities. Dip is one of the staples of any Big game gathering and I have one that is so delicious, I’m not sure why it never occurred to share it at a party before.



The stapes for my dip are quite simple, Philadelphia cream cheese and chopped clams. Of course dip cannot be truly enjoyed without a great chip and my personal preference are Lays Original in Party Size.  Easily enough to last the entire game but I doubt you will have leftovers! Now the recipe I am sharing is for Clam dip. I have been eating this at family gatherings every since I was a little girl. It is my favorite but I generally only enjoy it at the end of the year during holiday celebrations. The big game is a celebration so I’m making it for Sunday! One more opportunity to enjoy this pretty decadent treat!

In addition to the taste, this dip is so quick and easy to make you will surely want to keep it in the rotation for all parties that you are having or attending in the future. Or perhaps, like me you will make it whenever your taste buds are screaming for clam dip (this usually happens to me during TOM). In any event, I hope you enjoy this dip as much as I do. And if you don’t just invite me over, I’ll be the one licking the bowl when it is all gone! LOL!

I was able to purchase all of the ingredients for my clam dip at Walmart which just so happens to be a one-stop shop for all things you need for the Big Game.




Clam Dip

1 package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 can chopped or minced clams
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Method

1. Place cream cheese in a bowl. Add clams and 1/2 of clam juice in can. Add Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder.

2. Mix all ingredients until desired dip consistency is reached (you can add more clam juice if desired). This dip is actually better the second day so prepare it a day ahead and refrigerate....if you can wait that long to enjoy it!



Comments

Popular Posts