Pumpkin Pie {Recipe}


Long before I knew about sweet potato pie (which by the way is my favorite to both eat and make!) I was totally enamored with pumpkin pie. As a kid I couldn’t wait for the holidays because I’d have the chance to show my (then limited) culinary skills. The annual family tradition was for me to grace the holiday table with my pumpkin pie. As an adult I now understand why I loved to make pumpkin pie so much, it is quick and simple to make! If you are not one who loves to cook or just wants to make a dessert that takes very little effort - you don’t even need an electric mixer, then pumpkin pie is the one for you. And of course, it has the added bonus of tasting delicious!



With the exception of pumpkin and ready made pie crusts (which I purchased at Walmart), you are likely to have all of the ingredients necessary to make this holiday classic already in your kitchen. Sugar, evaporated milk, eggs (I purchased organic at Walmart), sugar, ground ginger and cloves round out the recipe. And putting it all together was a breeze, in the time it took to preheat the oven my pie was ready to go into the oven! And while your pie is cooking you can focus on more labor intensive recipes like stuffing (aka dressing), macaroni and cheese, or green bean casserole.


And I suggest making two because if your household is anything like mine, one of these scrumptious pies will be devoured before making it to the dessert table. Add a side of vanilla ice cream and you have a dessert that will be loved by all! Without further ado, here is the recipe for pumpkin pie that will have family and friends asking for seconds.





Pumpkin Pie
(recipe from Libbys)


Ingredients
1 deep dish pie crust
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 can Libby’s 100 percent pure pumpkin
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk


Method
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  In a small bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamonn, salt, ginger and cloves. Beat eggs in a large bow. Add sugar mixture and pumpkin; stir to combine. Stir in evaporated milk until well combined.  Pour mixture into pie shell and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 50-60 minutes. Let cool and enjoy (preferably with a side of ice cream)!



Comments

Popular Posts