Minnie Mouse Nail Art



Today I am returning home for a marvelous trip to Disney. It was jam packed with opportunities for me to gain information to help further my business and of course there was a ton of fun! Prior to my trip I was tasked by Walmart to be creative with a manicure that included nail art using Sally Hansen products. Although I’ve only ever done basic manicures because I knew I’d be visiting Disney I was immediately inspired to do a Minnie Mouse manicure. After searching the internet, I found a few ideas and as soon as my polish arrived I immediately set to work.



I started with a base coat to help the color to adhere to my nails and also keep from staining my nails. I followed with a red insta dry polish. Although I am not a big fan of red polish, Minnie is well known for her red dress so I decided to go ahead and use red as my base. I painted four of my nails red and painted my ring finger white.  Next I used the nail art pen to place polka dots all over my red nails.

Using free hand, I tried to make a little Minnie using black polish on my white nails. I think for a first attempt I did a pretty good job! The final step was to add a red bow. Again, I clearly need practice but for a first timer I impressed myself.


Of course, I wasn’t satisfied with my first attempt so I ordered some nail art tools and tried again. This time I used pink as a base, made larger polka dots with a nail tool and on my ring finger painted Minnie’s ears with a bow. I’m still in need of practice but I am happy with the results - especially since this was a quick manicure done moments before my ride picked me up to go to the airport.


If you are talented with nail art, I suggest you enter the Sally Hansen -  I Heart Nail Art contest. There will be 1 winner monthly through June and each winner recieves $500 and a trip to New York City to compete for the $2,000 grand prize and a chance to have their look featured on a display in Walmart. Each month will have a unique theme which contest entries must follow. Get all of the information here: http://sallyhansen.com/i-heart-nail-art
I have more nail polish to try and tons of ideas so please be on the lookout for more posts from me featuring my creations!











Comments

Stacie Raye said…
Now that is super cute!

Popular Posts