OPI nail colors from Selena Gomez and Modern Family Collections

I am a long time fan of OPI nail polish. I can remember the days when a professional manicure was a weekly indulgence for me and if the salon carried OPI polish I’d naturally gravitate toward their brilliant colors. Although the colors were available in salons, they were not carried on shelves of the stores that I’d frequent. With my busy schedule and tight budget, I am no longer able to afford weekly visits to the salon so using store bought affordable nail colors is my only option. I can’t begin to tell you how excited I am that I am able to purchase OPI colors right at Walmart for a price that can’t be beat - $7.00!!!

I’ve been given the opportunity to review a few of the hot new colors from the OPI Selena Gomez and Modern family lines and I am thrilled to share with my thoughts with you. The Selena Gomez line is inspired by her voice, vibe and signature style.  The Nicole by OPI Selena Gomez Collection is an assortment of fun and unique shades debuting with 7 sparkling jewelry top coats- which can be worn alone or over another shade and 7  brights. The names of the colors play on titles of Selena’s songs. I was sent Love Song, a beautiful lilac purple (which by coincidence is my favorite color) and the jewelry top coat Confetti Fun.The colors are so playful and I love the bling so I know Confetti Fun will be in constant rotation around here. 




The Modern Family collection - do you watch that show? It truly is one of the funniest sitcoms I have EVER seen. And if you aren’t familiar, the “family” is as diverse as they come with white folks, a Latina, a gay couple with an adopted baby this eclectic mix is all related and truly a “modern family.” The colors in the line are just as diverse as the family and include brilliant jewel tones to versatile crèmes, and shimmers to bold glitters, with each named after one of the show’s distinctive characters.  From this collection I was sent Candid Cameron which reminds me of the beautiful colors in the Caribbean Sea and the glittery Haley Looking Good. Oh, I forgot to mention each color in the collection is named for a character on the show. 


And because I love to be different, I tried Candid Cameron from the Modern Family collection and used the jewelry top coat Confetti fun from the Selena Gomez collection over it.



 

I am so pleased with the results! I found that the polish was very easy to apply and I was able to control the amount of glitter on my nails very easily. And although it is not mentioned in any of the product information, I found that both of these colors dried very quickly and I literally was typing on my computer five minutes after application! I only applied one coat of each color and that more than did the trick. Overall, I am very happy with these colors and look forward to visiting Walmart to see the rest of the colors in both lines!

Disclosure: I am a participant in the Walmart Moms program. I was provided with product samples and compensation for my time and effort in creating the post. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular Posts