Breakfast! Quakers Perfect Portion Oatmeal


We have all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it certainly is! Think about the word - Break Fast, we are actually breaking our fast from eating that occurs overnight. As a busy parents, I know that preparing hot meals on a daily basis before school can be a challenge. As a matter of fact, I admit that it rarely occurs in my household. However, one of my personal favorite hot meals during the winter months is oatmeal and it is my hope that my son will learn to love it as much as I do.

Personally, if I have the time I will prepare steel cut oats but having time like that happens very infrequently! To save time I generally will cook instant oatmeal when the mood hits me. And now that Quaker Oats has perfect portions, having breakfast ready in less than five minutes is now a reality.







 I like Perfect portions because it is available in a resealable bag and you can choose the serving size you’d like without wasting oatmeal. In the past, I’ve used the individual packets and although I’ve always wanted more than one packet, I found myself wasting food because I couldn’t eat two entire packets. Now, I can make the exact amount I want and seal the rest. 





Perfect portions is available in two flavors, maple and brown sugar. They are both unsweetened so you can add sweetener as liberally or frugally as you like. I enjoy my oatmeal without sweetener and instead use dried cranberries for natural sweetness and add walnuts for crunch. Delicious!

I plan on having my son try my oatmeal soon - but not on a school day, just in case he decides to veto the idea! It is my hope that he will come to associate oatmeal with the love and warmth of mom on a cold winter morning, just like I do!

Disclosure: As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I've received product samples and compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular Posts