Sometimes I'm Scared of ZOMBIES


Okay, not really! I've talked about my love of The Walking Dead before and I can rattle off numerous zombie films that I love but I'll spare you the details (Night of the Living Dead anyone?). Well, my interest in the horror genre has trickled down to my son. He has been a zombie fan for at least the last three years because he started playing Plants vs. Zombies on my iPad. I think the game is responsible for him not being afraid and I certainly don't let him watch my zombie films. 

However, there are many children who are not fans of horror and see images that scare them senseless. I admit that when we attended the Halloween parade this weekend, my son was fine with the zombies that were walking  - as long as they didn't get too close! And he immediately said "they aren't real mommy" so no worries about nightmares in my house! 

The new book, Sometimes I am scared of zombies, by Rob Fox addresses the fears a little boy faces after watching a zombie film with his parents. This whimsically illustrated book follows the young boy as his fears are alleviated by the adults in his life. Zombie under the bed? Nope! Just shoes. Something in the closet? Only clothes. 

Not only does the book address the fears of the main character, but it is interactive. There are pages for children to draw pictures of things they fear, favorite pets and several other examples enabling the reader to address their own fears. 

This book would make a lovely Halloween gift, I know my son is going to love it. I think by introducing children to "horror" not in a horrific manner but with fun and explanations they can grow up like me and my son! We love the genre without fear of things that go bump in the night! 

Sometimes I am scared of Zombies is currently available at amazon.com 

Disclosure: I received a digital copy of the book for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own. 

Comments

Popular Posts