Atlanta Omni Hotel Staycation


A few weeks ago I had the most wonderful opportunity to spend a glorious Staycation with my girlfriends at the Omni Hotel here in Atlanta (thanks Lorraine!). I don’t know about you but there are times when my stress levels are so high that I feel like I am on the verge of exploding and the days leading up to the girlfriend’s weekend were in the RED stress zone.  This staycation was right on time and the environment and time with friends was just the type of recharge that I needed!

We arrived at the Omni on Friday and each of us had a spa treatment scheduled. Prior to my appointment I checked my bags at reception. The gorgeous marble lobby was inviting to my eyes and in an instant I felt like I’d been transported elsewhere. A virtual oasis in the city that I call home. My next stop was the spa. The Omni in Atlanta is home to the Natural Body Spa. I’d always wanted to visit so this was perfect!

I tried the Natural Body Corrective Facial and loved it. The all natural ingredients felt so very good on my skin. And the mini-massage toward the end of my treatment was completely blissful. I highly recommend having this facial. I loved it!
 

After the treatments we made our way to the room which was nothing short of fantastic! We were really given the VIP treatment with a bi-level suite with three bedrooms, living and dining room and mini-kitchen. We overlooked the busy CNN courtyard which was bustling! Each of our rooms had balconies but honestly the living room was so homey we all got comfortable and settled in before the Olympics.

We tried out the bar/restaurant downstairs and had some absolutely fabulous martinis and for a treat we also had onion rings the sauce was nice and spicy just the way I like it! After food and drinks we made our way back to our room. Watched the rest of the Olympics and soon retired for the night. 



photo credit: Tobias Roybal
The next day I got up early for a run and when I returned we all went downstairs for a very nice buffet breakfast. Later that evening more of our friends met up with us for a cocktail party and to celebrate the Girlfriend’s Getaway Reminisce package available until December of this year. Each of our friends were requested to bring a gently used dress for donation to Donate My Dress. 



photo credit: Tobias Roybal

With the Reminisce package at the Omni, you get a deluxe room and when you bring a dress you are given two $50.00 giftcards for Bloomingdales! A wonderful way to make a difference and celebrate girlfriends.

The cocktail party was a success and we entertained our friends until the wee hours of the night. Although, I don’t know much about that because I went to bed shortly after the soiree broke up! The next day at the Omni was breakfast and relaxing until checkout. It was a wonderful staycation that I hope to repeat!

Here are five great things about staying at the Omni in Atlanta:

1. Location: The Omni is in a great location, close to many of the attractions that Atlanta has to offer. It is right across the street from Centennial Olympic Park, close to mid-town and the shops at Atlantic Station and Lenox Mall. The World of Coca-Cola, the children’s museum, and the Aquarium are all within walking distance.

2. Breakfast - I loved the buffet style breakfast, especially the omelet station and all of the fresh fruit that was available. Although I didn’t partake, the oatmeal also looked really delicious.

3. Phillips Arena - the hotel is attached! So if you ever attend a performance, or a sporting event and don’t want to make the drive home, you are set!

4. CNN - You can take a tour of the CNN building because, again, attached! You are likely to see live shooting of a CNN show.


5. Centennial Olympic Park - This place is so tranquil and amazing. During the summer on Wednesdays and weekends there is always something happening. On all days you can don your bathing suit and run through the Olympic rings like a child.  
But be sure to fully explore the park. You will find quaint hideouts and beautiful sculptures all around. 

 I’ve lived here for years and never fully explored, it is a must do! 

Overall, I totally loved my stay at the Omni Atlanta! The Reminisce weekend was so much fun and we made a difference in the lives of women by donating clothes. Love it!

Disclosure: Accommodations and other amenities at the Omni were complimentary but all of the opinions are 100% my own.










Comments

meg said…
Spas keep the skin smooth and soft. It also rejuvenates and revitalizes the skin.

Popular Posts