Shrimp Pizza cheeseless


Although I don't frequently brag about the food I prepare (except for sweet potato pie, I am a BEAST) I have to say that this shrimp pizza looks as good as it tastes! I was sent an Ital frozen pizza crust from Walmart ($5.99 for two) and challenged to make a recipe utilizing the crust. I am a fan of pizza but diary and I don't really agree (I'm lactose intolerant) so I decided to make a cheese-less pizza. I looked around on the internet for ideas and saw caramelized onions used in a recipe. It was a lightbulb moment! I knew I had to make some for my pizza. I started with one white onion and sliced it thinly. I added some olive oil to a pan heated it and added the onions. 


While the onions cooked over medium heat, I prepped the shrimp by cleaning them and marinating with Italian seasoning.  When the onions started to wilt I added a pinch of salt and about five minutes later a half-teaspoon of sugar. After about 15 minutes my onions looked and tasted exactly the way I wanted. 


After brushing the crust (which by this time had thawed considerably) with a little olive oil, I topped it with the onions.  Using the same pan that I caramelized the onions in I sauteed mushrooms, red onions, and thyme. I wanted some color so I looked in the freezer for veggies and found a few brocolli florets which I added to the mix. Once the veggies were nearly done I added the shrimp. 


I placed the cooked mixture on top of the caramelized onions and placed the pizza in the oven which I'd pre-heated to 425 degrees. I let it cook for 7 minutes (remember my crust was nearly defrosted) and removed it from the oven. Voila! A shrimp pizza that is simply delicious! 



Shrimp Pizza

Ingredients:
1 Ital pizza crust
1/4 lb large shrimp 
1 white onion
1/4 cup brocolli (fresh or frozen)
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup pre-cut veggies (I used mushrooms, red onions, thyme mix)
1/2 teaspoon sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning
chopped fresh garlic or garlic powder

Method
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Add one tablespoon olive oil to skillet over medium heat. Slice onion and add to heated oil. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. While onion cooks, clean shrimp and add Italian seasoning to shrimp- set aside. Add pinch of salt to wilted onions, stirring. After about five more minutes, add sugar to the onions. Continue to cook and stir until onions reach your desired color and flavor. I cooked my onions for a total of about 15 minutes. 

Meanwhile, add garlic to the remaining olive oil. Brush pizza crust with the flavored oil. Top with caramelized onions. 

Return skillet to heat (add remaining olive oil if desired) and sautée your vegetable on high heat for approximately five minutes. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are pink and bouncy to the touch. 

Top crust with shrimp and vegetable mixture. 

Place in oven for approximately 7 minutes or until crust is hot.

Enjoy! 


Disclosure: I am a Walmart mom and was sent product and/or compensated for this post. As usual all opinions are my own. 






Comments

Popular Posts