Marketside Salads



When I was in Arkansas for the Walmart shareholders meeting I attended an event designed to introduce the premium steak now available at Walmart. Obviously since I am not a meat eater, I am unable to comment on the quality of the steak but I can say that my friends who tried it seemed to really enjoy it! I did however have an opportunity to try some new marketside salads. 

                               photo by Novo Studios

The marketside salads are freshly made and readily available for you. As much as I enjoy making my own salads sometimes I just don't have the time to chop, assemble, and make the dressings that I enjoy from scratch. Marketside products provide a fresh taste and are extremely convenient when you are short on time. 


My favorite salad was the Marketside Southwest Chopped Salad with romaine lettuce, green cabbage, 3 cheeses, seasoned tortilla chips, tortilla strips, red pepper and jalepeno with chipotle ranch dressing.  It had a nice spicy kick that I enjoyed. I also liked the Marketside Asian Chopped Salad kit but it wasn't my favorite.  Since these are salad kits, the dressing is separate (not already on the salad) which I like because you control the amount of dressing - which if you didn't know, is often the source of many "extra" calories in salads. 


And a cautionary word to the wise, another Marketside salad that was available to try was the Garden Veggie Chopped Salad kit. Although it is called veggie, there are bacon bits in this salad. I did not look closely at the packaging but I am assuming the bacon is in an individual packet. At the event however, the bacon was already on the salad so I didn't try it. Just be sure to check on this if you are vegetarian or have meat restrictions! 


When in a pinch for time, I can say that I would purchase a Marketside salad, most likely the Southwestern Chopped salad kit because I am truly a fan! 


Disclosure: I am a Walmart mom and have been compensated for sharing my experience with Marketside. As usual, all opinions are my own. 

Comments

Popular Posts