Fruit Salad Mid Morning Snack


One of my favorite things about the summer is the abundance of fresh seasonal fruits. I keep an ample amount of fruit for snacking in my refrigerator for snacking. Although I haven't been great about food journaling and planning lately, I have decided that I need to get on the ball. I started my day with a three mile run and my breakfast, although unconventional was packed with protein, a few carbs and veggies. 

I know that eating at least five times a day will keep my metabolism revved up so I ventured into my kitchen for a snack. I saw a great red, white and blue fruit cake recipe on the Eat Better America website   but I don't have all of the ingredients on hand so I stuck with a basic fruit salad. I used watermelon, strawberries and blueberries (antioxidant filled). The result? Absolutely delicious! 

Other options for my snack include a protein shake - using my fresh fruits of course, almonds with craisins, and Greek yogurt (packed with protein)! Make no excuses, keep these types of food on hand and you will never be without a healthy snack during the day! 

Comments

Popular Posts