The Flag Unveiled!


I am a native New Yorker and have fond recollections of spending my lunch hour in Bryant Park. Those days are long ago and I truly miss the summertime in New York City. One of the things I would have done this summer was attend Tide's "My Flag, My Story" event in Bryant Park on July 3rd. Since April, Tide has been collecting stories on facebook from individuals sharing about what the Red, White and Blue mean to them. 

As a Gold Medal Blogger, I helped spread the word about the program and submitted my own. Believe or not, every swatch in the flag includes a submitted story. Approximately 1500 stories were incorporated in the flag!  How awesome and powerful is this 172 by 52 foot flag? I truly wish I could have seen it! If you were not able to submit your story for the flag, not to worry! You still have time to post on facebook by visiting Join Our Flag and help inspire our US athletes headed to the Olympics! 

I must admit (again) that I watched as much of the Olympic trials as possible and continue to watch them (repeats on sports channels)  to catch up on the things I missed! The countdown to the Olympics has started and I am super excited! Have you caught the Olympic spirit? If so, be sure to submit your story and inspire our athletes in London!!! 


Disclosure: I am an Tide Gold Medal blogger and have been compensated to spread the word about this wonderful event. As usual, all opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular Posts